1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nervous

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by metkigro, Apr 30, 2009.

1. metkigro

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello,
    Well today my friend Michelle invited me to a friends house tomorrow, but I know what they're up to. They have been planning to set me up with this guy I like so it will kind of be like a date. I guess I would just like some tips for my first gay date. I'm just afraid that I may screw it up or something.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I think the best advice/suggestion I can give you is just be yourself and have fun! Talk with him as you would when you try to get to know someone. He might be as nervous as you if not more. Try to pick a 'subject' to start a conversation. I don't think it matters all that much what it is. It can be school, hobbies, the last movie you have seen, the CDs you are listing to.....

Maybe try not to get your expectations too high at first and see how tomorrow evening works out and take it from there. If you see that he is someone that interests you, ask him if he wants to join you to for a bite to eat, coffee, drink, movies, etc...over the weekend or sometimes next week.

As with anything, take it slow and see how it goes. The more you get to know him the better you will see if it has a chance of working out.

I hope this helps a bit! Have fun and try to enjoy it! :slight_smile:

3. metkigro

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  4. aerwolfen

best advise i can give is to be yourself,and be very attentive to what he says and always keep the eye contact with him while he talks,that will send a positive message that you care what he has to say,makes him feel better, and be yourself, try to get alittle hand touch ,like his arm shoulder or hand,just a hint makes him feel sexy,it will drive him crazy for you,its just alittle flirty,but don't over do it,.and just be yourself,i would compliment him on something he is wearing or doing, and just be yourself, i'm sure it will go alright,i wish the best for you,have fun and casual.and just be yourself.

5. someguy82

Yeah, don't stress and just have fun and be yourself. Remember this is supposed to be enjoyable :slight_smile:

6. Stuie

As long as you don't do anything exceedingly embarrassing in the first couple of minutes you know them, it will be fine. As everyone else has said be yourself, but make sure you enjoy yourself.
    Good luck! :slight_smile: