1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate it here

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, May 1, 2009.

1. hoping

I really hate it here, wish i had a job but things are crap around here.
    Mums bf has started it again, he said that mum should have the internet cut off from me cause i dont go to sleep at a time of ''their '' choosing and cause i sleep on the couch and he said that he will have to start treating me like a child from now on cause i missed 1 appointment.
    I want a job more than anything, my dream is to start my own buisness and eventually my own internatiional autism foundation that helps people undersand it better and enable alot more research to find out causes and hopefully find a cure. with being autistic i would mean alot to just have a job and be i guess more normal but now mum and her bf are saying about how im lazy and just dont want a job and her bf is now going on about that i cant watch dvds before i sleep.
    I have my tv on cause it helps me relax and be able to sleep cause i hate when its really quiet.
    He is making life hell and its so hard to deal with, if i had the money i would go away but i dont:tears:

2. EM68

I am so sorry you are going through this. From past posts it seems that your mum's bf is a complete asshole. Yow need to talk to your mom and him and explain to them that you are looking for a job but because of the recession jobs are hard to find. Also explain the reason why you watch TV is becasuse it makes you relax at night. Then in a mature adult way tell them not to treat you like a child. (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

3. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I hate BFs/GF's who come into a family and try to take over and demean the children of their parents. That's one of my biggest pet peeves. When my mom was dating, no one had the balls to do that. I don't take shit from anyone, and certainly not from any :***: who decides to put some reigns over me.

Stand up for yourself.
    Now.
    Before it's too late.

Because you're going to get really screwed when he starts telling her things that aren't true and he persuades her opinion biasly.

And as for the TV thing. I did that too when I was younger. Though, I don't watch TV anymore except for The Universe on the history channel. Tthere's nothing wrong with that.

And one last thing. When you start your foundation, don't ask for anything from the Rockstar energy drink company. LOL (!)

4. Jim1454

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems at home. I know a lot of people are out of work - all over the world. But that will change. In the mean time, what are you doing to improve your chances of finding a job when things DO pick up? Are you taking courses or enhancing your skills? Doing volunteer work that might show an employer that you're willing, capable, hard worker, and committed to the community? Because there's no reason to sit around all day. Now more than ever there is a need for volunteers - everywhere.

With respect to how you're being treated at home - it isn't surprising. Your mom's bf does sound like a complete jerk from what you've told us. But there's nothing you can do about that. You can only control what YOU do, what YOU say, and how YOU react.

Make it clear to your mom that you don't feel like you're being respected by her boyfriend. That's a fact, and she needs to know how you feel.

Make it clear to her boyfriend that it's quite frankly none of his business where you sleep or whether or not you watch the TV at night, because it isn't his house. If your mom has a problem with that, then SHE should talk to you about it, not HIM.

People will treat you badly and walk all over you only if you let them.

5. Just Adam

cant you kick you mums bf's ass? he sounds like he needs it useing his position with your mum to basically bully you:frowning2:

i hope you find a job get rich and go HA! in his face :slight_smile:

6. xequar

This is worth repeating. You're 20 now, right? It might not hurt to remind mom's BF that you're an adult, and it's not his business what time you go to bed or to ensure you make it to all or any of your appointments. It might be worth it to thank him for his concern, then tell him to take a long walk off a short pier.

7. Eleanor Rigby

Ryan sweetheart, I am so sorry about what's happening to you (*hug*)
    I completly agree with Jim about the fact you should tell your mum how you feel about this, and that you have to make it clear to her boyfriend that you are not a child anymore and that what you do is none of his business.
    I also agree with Jim about the fact you should try finding something to do. Volunteering sounds a good idea and even if it is not a job, it can help you to find one and it will help you to feel good about yourself.
    You already know you can PM me anytime you want. I'll always be there for you.
    (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*) Eleanor

8. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I second that whole heartedly. You're 20 years old. You're no longer a child and should not be treated as such, autism or not. You're an adult, same as he. I think you need to stand up and put your foot down. Now, or else it may be too late at this rate. When he pushes, you gotta learn to push back. (figuratively)

And I also agree with Jim above. There's absolutely NO reason to waste away at home doing absolutely NOTHING. There's always something to do to enhance your life. Sitting at home watching TV, playing Xbox, cam whoring, those are not very productive things. :slight_smile: Go out!! Enjoy life! Do something! Meet new people!

"Smack that, all on the floor."

9. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's only a matter of time until you'll be free from all that. I hope it's sooner rather than later for your sake. :kiss:

10. hoping

I'm studying 2 things and possibly doing buisness managment next month cause i want to start my own buisness and im writing a book too and i workout a bit