1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to ask her out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by frizie, Jul 6, 2007.

1. frizie

So there is this girl and I have feelings for her. I'd like to ask her out. The thing is, I'm not sure if she is into girls. I have a feeling she might be bisexual but everyone seems to think she's straight. So I don't know. I'd like to ask her if she's bisexual but I don't know how. She doesn't know that I'm a lesbian. I'm not sure what to do. Should I ask her out anyway? If so, how do I do that?

2. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My opinion - from the biggest chicken in the world - would be to come out to her and see how she responds. I think that would be a good indicator of where to go in the conversation. I wish I had even been willing to acknowledge that I had feelings for girls when I was 15. I'd love to hear how it goes.

3. 24601

I thought I had already responded to this. Whoops! I agree with wtinal, coming out would be a good approach. If she's not really you're friend, then talk to her first, and get to know her (before saying any of this, a random girl tell you she's lesbian might freak some people out). Keep us posted. Good luck!

4. SadConfusedBandGeek

Haha I agree with emosewa and wtinal!

do you know her well? because if you dont, and you come out to her right away, it might weird her out right away. So maybe get to know her better if you dont and then see how it goes from there.

5. Cloud Nine 5

Do you really have a solid reason to believe she's bisexual or are you just way too hopeful? I don't think that you can come up to someone who's 15 y/o, ask them if they're gay and expect them to tell you yes. I know I wouldn't. Also unless she's a good friend, I don't know if coming out to her would be a good idea. So I don't know how you can ask her out and if you should, unless you post some more details.

6. frizie

I think I'm mostly just really hopeful that she is bisexual, because I don't have a reason to think she's not striaght. I think I'm going to wait until school starts to decide on anything, though. Chances are, I'm not going to see her until then, anyway. We aren't that close. If we have a class together, then we talk a lot, but if we don't, we just say hi when we see each other in the hall. But we joke around sexually and stuff and she doesn't seem to mind. I don't know, though. Sighs. I guess I'll just have to wait to see how I feel in September.

7. dreamer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thats exactly what my group of friends was like. Turns out three out of five of us are gay. The other two are together, one of which i've had feelings for for years. This puts me in a very akward position but still.

I agree with coming out to her. Thats what I did. And even though she's not with me, I know she's happy. At the time I had no idea she was gay but that just goes to show theres a chance.

Hope this was of some use

8. AstroJesse

Well I had the same thing. I liked this girl who was blatantly dropping me hints about liking me. hint's like "I know that if I were bi, I'd be fine with it. And I'd be bi with you." And So I told her I liked her. Totally wrong thing to do in my case. We went out for a day, and she got creeped out and discovered she was straight. That warranted a good day of movies crying and chocolate. My advice? Come out to her. Se how things go from there. Even if she is straight, she'll probally be fine with you being a lesbian. See how she reacts. Can't wait to see how it turns out for you!

9. Malicious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Im friends with Astro Jesse...in real life, I give her amazing advice all the time!!!, I think you should get to know the girl alot and then see if she is, or you could just ask straight out!