1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obscenities ahoy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ChokiE, May 2, 2009.

1. ChokiE

So yeah, my love life is a fucking train wreck. There was this guy that I was talking to, he was nice and all, a bit of a flamer but nice. Anyway we met on myspace (I'm frickin' pathetic) and we started talking over the phone. All of a sudden he stops calling me, he won't answer my calls, he's ignoring me. I'm wondering why. I message him over myspace asking what the reason is. I got this:

"your a freak. your obsesed with like death and gore and stuff. i cant be with someone who im afraid might kill me in the middle of the nite. sorry."

At this point I yelled "What the fucking shit?!" Grammatical errors aside, that's still the stupidest fucking thing anyone has ever typed to me. I found out later that he came upon the notion that I was a psychopath based on my musical tastes. So I called him a moron, told him he was a worthless piece of shit and hung up on him. Honestly, am I going to have to stop enjoying everything that entertains me just to maintain a relationship? This is a serious question, although personally I think this whole situation is bullshit.

2. Timm

Yeah, some people are like that. There are a lot of people who will judge you on what you watch, listen to, or wear. It's a real pain.

Not everyone is like this, thankfully. To answer your question, just be yourself. I know that sounds...cheesy, but soon you'll find someone who will share your interests and you won't have to sacrifice your favorite music and such.

3. littledinosaurs

Obviously there are people that won't be interested in you and will get put off by something about you.
    It happens to everyone and it sucks but you just move on and forget about it.

4. Mickey

This is only one person. Don't fret,you will find someone who is more compatible.
    Better to find out now,than later. Just let it go. Life's too short to worry about what
    others think. Never give up your interests because someone else doesn't like the same things. It's HIS loss!

5. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Some people are judgmental like that. And honestly, being a gay man, he should know better. But, gay men are also human and they make mistakes. I listen to some darker stuff myself so I know exactly how you may feel. I used to get treated and branded "Devil Worshiper" in the south when I stayed there. Even though, they'd never met me personally. Lol

6. Jesse Jinx

Hey! You're right, that is utter bullshit. It's your goddamn music and you've got every right to enjoy what makes you happy, douche nozzles like him be damned. If he can't accept you for every part of who you are, then he's not worth a second more of your time. I know it sounds stupid to say wait it out, but you'll meet someone right for you eventually. (&&&)

Keep us posted! <3

7. Haiiro

Haiiro Guest

That is complete and total bullshit. Some people are just stupid enough to think these things, and that means they obviously aren't worth your time. So sorry this has happened though D:

8. Greggers

just be glad it was a myspace hookup and not something else? lol

Honestly, it should not have gotten that far between you two if he was THAT put off by your music taste. You would think if hes using myspace he would check that stuff out before talking to you so much and end it sooner. The whole point of myspace is all your intrests are on your profile isnt it?

Just dont lose too much sleep over one random guy. They wont all be like that.

9. MyNameIsGabriel

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    'Keep listening to music, cause it gets you through everything, I promise.'
    -Mitch Lucker (RIP)

10. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd say you had a lucky escape from someone who would have only wanted things his own way anyway. Block him!