1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh joy!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ChokiE, May 2, 2009.

1. ChokiE

My mom is cheating on my dad. It's almost funny, almost. I mean, on top of all the other bullshit now I have to deal with my parents splitting up. Oh my fucking god I just want to off myself, I've dealt with too much bullshit and it keeps fucking coming. I mean, just once I wish I had some good fucking news. If absolutely nothing happened then it would be a good day, right now anything that isn't innately bad is good to me. I seriously can't deal with this shit anymore, I'm on the brink of just breaking down and crying which is completely out of character for me. I don't know what to do anymore.

2. Bryan44

(*hug*) Im sorry that things are so screwed up for you right now. (*hug*)
    If you need to talk im here.

3. EM68

I am sorry to hear that you are having a tough time right now. It can be tough when your parents don't get along. This is something that they have to work out on their own. When things seem to get overwhelming take a step back take a deep breath. You may want to try to get out of the house for a little bit hang out with friends. You may also want to try to talk to a school counselor or a professional to help you sort through these issues.

Remember don't hurting yourself solves nothing. Its a temporary situation. Just hang in there. (*hug*)(*hug*)

4. Mickey

Maybe you should allow yourself to just cry. It may help with all that built up stress.
    It would be better than the alternative,hurting yourself.
    I agree that it may be a good idea to talk to someone(professional) to help you sort through all this.
    Remember,thing's will not always be this bad. Life has a way of balancing things out.
    Hang in there,the good will come. Please,don't make your parents problem,your problem.
    I know it still affects you,but let them handle this themselves.
    Good luck. Chin up,things will get better.

5. aerwolfen

yes i agree step back and let your parents deal with their own mess,see someone from school stop at a church and talk with a priest,or see your family doctor,she can arrange for a therapist to help you deal with the changes in your life, you didn't mention siblings,be strong for them if you have,think with a clear head and stop thinking everything happens around you is about you,you are the man,now,stand up and be strong and stop feeling guilty,you haven't done nothing wrong,do you think your parents would flip out if you recently dropped your boyfriend,would they take it like its the end of the world,NO, they wouldn't think twice about it and let you deal with yourself , give the same respect to your parents,they are adults let them deal with it like they have to as parents,adults, stop thinking that everything happens is a personal attack on yourself,get your head out of your @@@, you know what i mean,sorry for being blunt,but i am talking to a MAN right,? act like one, positive attitude,we all have feeling sure your hur ,we all would be hurt,its what makes us human,no more ranting, level head ,talk with your peers,your friends,clergy,doctors councellors at school,calm the heck down,take a breath be calm,we are here to help and listen,your not alone ,we all have gone through personal tragedy,its what makes us stronger in the future,.best wishes to you,the MAN.

6. ChokiE

Problems with the advice I've been given:
    1. I've taken about 10,000 steps back and about the same amount of deep breaths over the last three years. Not helping.
    2. I have a therapist. Also not helping.
    3. My parents mess becomes my mess because I always get dragged into the middle.

7. epiphanies

How about if you take up a new hobby that helps you relieve the stress then? Instead of taking steps back and trying to relax, pick up some sort of physical activity. This will allow you to physically work out the stress, and the exercise will release endorphins which are a natural high.

Tell your therapist it isn't working. Try switching to a new one.

Tell your parents that you don't want to be in the middle of it. When my parents were going through some legal troubles (15 years after their divorce), they had to go to a parenting class. In this class they tell the parents to not speak poorly about the other parent to their children. I know, you're thinking you are 17 and they have been raising you for a while, but I was 20 at the time, my sister was 23, and my brother was 16. Tell them that you care about them but you can't handle the situation.