1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PeaceLoveJoy, May 3, 2009.

1. PeaceLoveJoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, I met this guy, (his friend introduced us) at my elementary school's carnival. So we talked about coming out, our parents, movies etc, and I thought it went well, so over the night I found out that he likes me, and he was planning on kissing me. But he likes another guy who's bi (I personally don't believe in bi. No offence I'm sorry if you're offended) So I like him a lot and I want to see him before the weekend is over, (we go to different schools, but in the same city) but I'm going to that school next year, and I don't want to wait all summer to start something with him, but at the same time I'm nervous about being rejected. :help:

2. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry--bi doesn't believe in you, so you're even.

:slight_smile:

Everyone's afraid of being rejected but it's the risk you have to take if you ever want things to go anywhere with anyone. I would agree that waiting the entire summer would suck--try talking to/seeing him sooner than that. Do you have his email or Facebook? That's often a little less freaky than talking to someone in person.

3. Rygirl

You said that his friends introducecd you, so why don't you see if they can organise another meeting. With the summer coming up there will be plenty of time to hang out. And you might feel more relaxed if you met him again in a group.
    (And no worries, I respect other people's opinion, I'm not offended)

4. Eccentric

If you're gonna get rejected, it's gonna happen whether you ask now or wait a few nerve-wrecking weeks first. So just go for it! If he rejects you, then oh well, move on. If he doesn't, then awesome!

5. Starburst

Indianapolis, IN, USA & Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
    I agree that you should suggest your feeling to him. However, I don't see why he likes you and also likes another boy. It looks suspicious.
    On the other hand, you sound young to me. If you are inexperienced, how can you tell if he was going to kiss you or even had honest feeling towards you? Flirting is a common social activity.
    But you should definitely flirt back and in some way let him know that you like him. Don't wait. Sexual tensions don't last long, neither do crushes.

6. Lizz K

Rejection sucks, sure, but constantly being afraid gets you nowhere. If you live your life never taking chances because you're always afraid of the negative, then you'll DEFINITELY never get the positive. You've gotta remember that rejection, pain, what have you, is part of life and it'll always happen, but that doesn't mean you should hide yourself away forever trying to protect yourself. Because, like I said, you won't ever have the chance to enjoy the benefits of taking a risk.

And from what it sounds like, you've got a really good shot here. So what if he likes some other guy, too? If he likes you, by making a move and taking initiative he'll see that you're definitely someone who knows how to go after what they want!