1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shit

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, May 4, 2009.

1. hoping

God im confused. the guy i was sort of with before, well i havent seen him for 6 weeks and we hardly talked and then i just get a message from him saying he wants me to stay with him away some friday night and he wants me to meet some of his friends. i was just getting on with things and he says this and it makes me mixed feelings, with yeah excited but then pissed off that he keeps coming back after so long and then guilty that i want to move on and then sad that i want to move on cause hes the only person who has actually made me feel like im worth something:icon_sad:

2. Rygirl

It's great that he makes you feel special, and gives you some self worth, but it sounds a bit like he's taking advantage of you.
    You need to decide whether or not your going to see him again, because well, what he did was unfair to you, basically ignoring you until the mood struck him to talk to you again.
    If you do decide to start seeing him again then you need to make it clear that you are not a toy doll that he can pick up and put down as and when he likes, you are a person with a life and he needs to decide if he wants to be a part of it or not, because at the moment what he is doing is way out of order.
    I guess you need to decide if you are going to forgive him for blanking you for 6 weeks.
    Bryony

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bryony's right. If you want to keep things going with him, you really need to sit down with him and tell him that he needs to respect you, and that you're really upset that he's treated you like this. Make sure he knows that either he pulls his finger out and treats you better, or it's over.

4. Jim1454

I agree. It's great that he has called you. However, you need to tell him clearly how you have felt about being ignored for the past 6 weeks. You won't feel good spending time with him if you don't say out loud how you feel.

You also need to reset your own expectations. Maybe this guy isn't as 'head over heels' for you as you are for him. Maybe that's OK, if you still want to spend time with him. But maybe it isn't, if he wants to keep things 'casual' and you're really crushing on him.

You'll never know if you don't ask him. Be the one to initiate that conversation, and see what he has to say.

It's really a matter of what you can be comfortable with.

5. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

He ignored you for six weeks? What kind of BF is that? Really, you should think about that sole fact alone. Did he have a good excuse? Did you at least put any effort in to get in contact?

That doesn't seem to be a healthy give/take relationship, period.

6. Mickey

I agree,with the other posters. You need to find out WHY he ignored you for so long.
    It's really up to you what to do. He doesn't sound like a very nice person.
    I wish you the best. Please realize that you deserve so much more than this.

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I agree with the above. It's great that he made the move to give you a call and wanting to be together with you, but you need to let him know what you felt during the last 6 weeks. At the same time, you really need to think about how 'special' he actually is. Yes, he makes you feel good and you feel great around him, but if this is only 1 or 2 days out six weeks, you really need to ask yourself if it might not be better to move on.

By all means be his friend, try to talk with him, but as Jim mention, try to lower your expectations and be honest with him. This is the only way how you will find out as to whether he has any feelings for you.

But you know that you deserve a lot better than this. (*hug*)