1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Think Mum Suspects...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Roxas101, May 4, 2009.

1. Roxas101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys...

The title just about sums this up... I think my mum has started to notice that i'm not exactly you're typical 100% straight teenage guy...

The last couple days shes said some things which are not exactly normal for her... Generally she won't leave me alone about whatever girl I have most recently mentioned to her, and is always asking me about which girls I like, etc... It's a little bit annoying to tell you the truth.

Anyways, The other day she was interrogating me about a girl i had mentioned i kind of liked (she is my best friends sister). Lets put in some background details here... I do actually like her a bit. I'm Bi after all, girls are quite a bit of fun. We had a movie night and (yes, i know this is SOOO cliche) i put my arm around her. That actually went surprisingly well, but after a while she moved away obviously a bit uncomfortable. I left it alone, but then made the mistake of telling my mum about the incident. :/

As i'm sure you can imagine she went absolutely BALLISTIC over the whole thing. Like, seriously... she wouldn't leave me alone for like a few days about it, constantly asking me what i was going to do to try and see her... blah, blah, blah. I think i came off as a bit TOO uninterested though - then a couple of days ago she comes out and asks me these questions after a fairly in depth interrogation session:

"So are there any girlfriends in you're future?" To which i answer "Probably not." She then goes on to ask "Are there any boyfriends in you're future?" and i repeat the same answer "Probably not."

My mum then asks me if i'm trying to tell her that i'm gay or bi. I change my answer and say no and then flee rather quickly... I'm sure she noticed that :/

Anyways, this afternoon while we we're getting some washing off the clothes line the topic of children comes up. I tell her i don't really want to have children, and she says "That ok, two guys don't generally have children." Or something to that effect... I didn't reply... That's not good is it? But anyways... i'm getting the feeling my mum has cottoned on to the idea that i'm gay and i have NO IDEA what to do.

:help: Seriously... anything you say is useful and valued here! I'm just not sure what to make of it.

Kaleb.

2. Greggers

She seems to be quite cool about it.

And yes, give up, she knows. :slight_smile:

Might as well give in and sit her down and have a heart to heart? Shes trying to tell you that she accepts you. Its classic parenting 101. She does not want to out-right blurb "ARE YOU GAY?" but she wants you to know that when your ready to talk shes there and she will love you still.

Atleast thats what it sounds like to me

3. Miles D

^^ what Sexy said :grin:

4. DexterMorgan

She already knows; you should give her the low down on what's going on. Don't be afraid to explain, it sounds like she's okay with it. Best of luck!

5. Roxas101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Meep?

Ahh... now I need to talk to her about it.

Oh well, i've been expecting this to happen for a while now. When/how should i do this? If this has to be done i want to do it face to face, but i need ways to bring the topic up and talk to her about it... also ways of saying "i'm gay" without actually saying those words...

ideas?

Kaleb.

6. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would bring it up when there's a lull in the day. Eg: After dinner or something. That gives you time to talk about it. Alternatively you could bring it up in a car ride or something.

As far as different words to say, someone recommended to me that I practice saying "I am gay" while looking in a mirror. That way you get more comfortable with the words.

Alternatives you can use are "I am homosexual" or "I like boys".

IMHO other ways of telling that involve beating around the bush end in tears a lot. You can write those three words on a a piece of paper and hold it up if you get stuck for words.

7. Roxas101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG. I did it. I will post a new thread in the coming out section... Stay posted.

Kaleb.

PS: omg.... shaking...

8. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats! Hope it went well!
    (*hug*)

9. riddlerno1

Yes i was gona reply as to you should try and tell her but you have already done it so congrats!!

am off now to read the thread in coming out!!

10. Elven

Yes well done to you, I hope things went well :slight_smile: (*hug*)

11. tazzie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    congratz

12. Eleanor Rigby

OMG, you did it ? Kaleb, I am so proud of you ! Congratulations !
    Take care, Eleanor

13. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

First, congrats.

Second, because of your responses, I would be surprised if she didn't have a suspicion. I don't think you hid it very well with a reply like that. lol But it's very good that she's responded in such a manner. You should watch Queer as Folk and Justin's story. The mother / son relationship is what seems, in my opinion to be one of the more common experiences youths go through.

14. Prccgeek

That is so amazing! Congrats!

15. JakeBHT

I wish my mum would do that but she doesn't really notice me anyway. Well done though