1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another rant...my mother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by katie, May 4, 2009.

1. katie

o my god, who the hell does she think she is!!!!!
    mother darling had just walked in, asked which forum im on, so i told her EC and she was all 'i dont like you being on that one'...and left the bloody room!!!

well im really sorry mother dearest, but this is where i happen to get the support that YOU should be giving me. maybe if you were nicer about the whole bisexual thing i wouldnt need to practically live on here!!! you dont have to accept it and welcome me with open arms, just not hating me for it would be a really good step forward. you cant simply reject me, and expect me to be fine with it, u have to understand that if i dont get the supprt from you, i will look elsewhere for it, thats why my psych teacher, and my counsellor know more about me than you! because you dont give me the support i need, so i find someone who actually cares about me.

so FUCK YOU!!!!!

im sorry EC ppl, u didnt deserve that, but i am pissed off now.

2. Thisisnew

It's ok to rant sorry your moms not supportive.

3. Starshine16

It is definitely okay to rant.We are here to listen.I am so sorry your mom isn't supportive.

4. Jesse Jinx

Urgh, that sounds so massively frustrating. Well if she's not going to support you, then you've got every right to come here with people who do! So she can be as passive aggressive as she wants, you need to get what you need. The balls in her court now, and you're simply responding to how she's choosing to deal with this.

(&&&) We're here.

5. FinalFantasyFan

I find that next to close, personal friendships, EC is one of the few ways that I can keep going. I mean, I have a mother who I just found out is dead set against my "choice" to be gay, and she has gone so far as to prevent me from addressing her as mom and told me to fuck myself. Anyway, you have every right to be angry, and you have even more right to be on EC. We're all here for you. (*hug*)

6. JakeBHT

My mother is never supportive but I bet when I tel her i'm gay she won't like it, or hate it rather. so ill probbably have a rant after that happens. Its cool.

7. Eleanor Rigby

Well, mothers sucks sometimes :slight_smile:
    Hold on (*hug*) Eleanor

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm sorry some of your mothers are not supportive. This kind of stuff really upsets me. I just don't understand it. What difference does it make if you fall in love with somebody of your own sex? My God, there are much worse things in the world that you could be doing. I'm glad EC is here for you all and I hope if Katie's mom reads this, she will try to understand her daughter.

9. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to hear that your mum is not supportive and gives the impression that she doesn't care. But as all mothers do, your mum cares about -and loves you. It's too bad that she is not showing it in they way she is supposed to. I hope things will get better for you though and that your mum realizes that she does have to show it too and starts accepting you. (*hug*)

10. riddlerno1

That kinda sucks that your mum is making these judgements on EC, without im presuming actually having a look as to what EC is about. Maybe you could sit down and show her?

11. Greggers

That sucks Katie :frowning2: I had a similar situation, well "am having" because its still going on. Just know your not alone! And do whatever you need to do to stay on EC!

I told my mother about EC and her reaction was

"Im sure all the people on that website are not so good to be getting support and advice from. They might be leading you down a dark dark path."

And so i told her i actually give more advice than i ask for and her reaction to that was

"How do you know what your talking about? You might be giving those children really bad advice and leading them down a dark dark path."

And so i told her alot of people actually seemed to like my advice and her reaction to that was to shut up and walk away. But she really really dis-likes this forum. Ive tried talking to her about it, but she will not budge. She has not told me to keep off it, but she gets mad at me for it. The ironic thing is she got mad when i was keeping so many secrets and told me to be honest, so im honest and then she freaks at me. And she wonders WHY i keep so many secrets? Yea...she has to earn my secrets now. I dont tell her a thing.

12. xequar

Makes sense... I actually kind of use a different tact, though. I have no secrets. None. Granted, my mom and I have always been very close, but she's learned that if she asks, I WILL tell her, so she doesn't ask anymore. It's amazing how well this works.