1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you Date??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SailingKoala, May 4, 2009.

1. SailingKoala

Ok Ok,

I understand how you date, I even sorta know how to ask someone out - Sad part i just never done it.

I meet a great Guy on Friday and we struck it off straight away - easy to chat to, makes me smile and laugh for no reason, Can have Intelligent meaningful talks, He is very easy on the eyes which always helps..hehe

But here's the problem, 1st we rushed to a little playing.... then since then I haven't really been able to travel over to see him I managed to grab a hour talking with him while he worked on Sunday, but then we couldn't really talk.. Since then I have been busy I have an interview on Wednesday that could move me 100s of Miles away, My Father is in Hospital waiting for a Heart Bypass so between both of them I have No Time to get to see this new guy and he works all day everyday which only leaves evenings. I want to be able to meet him and spend more time getting to know him without the normal evening drinking, but I can't see how we can do that. We have sent each other a couple of texts, but I don't wanna look to forward/ demanding so only respond when he texts + not sure how to just start a text conversation... Sorry I'm sounding like a loser - just the next time I get to see him might be over a week and think that is leaving it to long and he might think I'm not interested it just I got lots happening and him working a hours doesn't make it easy. There's a Band I love in concert in my town very soon and I am thinking of getting tickets and asking him, but that also seems to quick and soon.

Do I make sense... I am I thinking to much trying to go to quick..aarrgghh Any Help or a slap in the face to tell me to sort myself out welcome.

Feeling like a Silly Lost Child:confused::icon_redf

2. EM68

Don't worry about asking how to date. We are all here to help each other. I like the idea of going to see a band. It will be fun and it will show him what you are interested in. If you do that you may want to plan to go out and grab something to eat. That way you can chat for a bit. I have gone on a few dates and the one that I thought was the best was I met up with this guy at a coffee shop then we went to a bookstore afterward. We browsed around looking at books. It showed both of us what kind of things we were interested in. Good luck!

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First, stay in touch. Say "I'd love to get together with you again, but my schedule is just insane. I may finally have some free time in about a week (or whatever)."

Secondly, offer him a suggestion. The band one is a great one. See if he's interested. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. SailingKoala

Cheers Guys,
    It always seems clearer after someone else tells you what needs to be done. Lex, I used your basic text ("I'd love to get together with you again, but my schedule is just insane.) to start my message to him - Have no idea really when I might get to see him again though so mmmm. But thanks your answers although not meant as a slap in my face were enough to say get a grip and just chat to him...So cheers Guys