1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Gay and Lesbian Group

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sugar, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So as i had mentioned earlier i had been looking for a group to join so i could meet new people. I felt more comfortable joining a group than going to a bar/club alone. Anywho, I found a group for gays/lesbians/curious who are under 25 and meet up every friday for discussion and activities. So yesterday was the first time I was going and I was superrrrr nervous but i forced myself to along with it. At first it was scary because everyone seemed to already know eachother and I was alone but everyone was really welcoming and friendly.

Anywho! I put this in the support section because I fell for someone at the group and I'm confused about all these feelings. It's funny cause as soon as i walked in I spotted her right away. Than we started talking and we exchanged numbers and we're suppose to meet up some time this week! hehe. But it was weird how strongly I felt for her when I don't even know her. Like I couldn't stop starring at her and now I can't stop thinking about her. I was also super nervous around her, like my hands were all shaky and I was constantly blushing. I wasn't like that with the other girls in the group. It's weird, I don't know if it's because I've finally met someone and I'm overreacting or because I really like her? Could it be love at first sight??? Oh geeze I know this is silly but I've never felt this intensly for anyone and I don't know if it's just because there's finally a girl who's interested in me or if it's more. I even got a little jealous when there were other girls talking to her! :icon_redf Any ideas?

2. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think you are silly. I understand this concept, but I think you already know my story. When I met the girl at work for the first time, this is exactly how I felt - AND I wasn't even acknowledging to myself that I was gay. I couldn't stop looking, I felt really nervous and even kind of clumsy with words, and I got a little jealous when the other worker I was with was talking to her. And then, I found out she is married (to a woman). It was quite the disappointment, but it certainly did not stop the fact I started to think about her all of the time, jealous when others talk to her, and I am very nervous around her.

Sounds like you have the chance to get to know her. I suppose either you'll fall harder or find out you really don't like her afterall. I say, give it a chance.

I am proud of you for going to the group. That must have been a challenge. Thanks for the encouragement, perhaps I will try it myself.

3. CrimsonThunder

Go meet her and enjoy urself. ^.^

4. SadConfusedBandGeek

I felt excactly like this, when a new kid moved here and started going to our school lol! EXCACTLY like that. I stil have a crush on him lol:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But ya, probably meet her and talk to her and stuff, and then it goes down a little bit, and your not obsessed as much. But still it could turn into something really great so i say go for it. And you KNOW she is les/bi or w.e so your LUCKY lol! But ya, good luck:slight_smile:

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Sounds like fate to me! :slight_smile:

6. crimsonarcher

yep!!:icon_bigg

7. 24601

I'm so glad everything worked out for you. You were so nervous before going, and everything turned out great - I wasn't nervous so much, and my job thing is still up in the air - funny how things turn out? :lol:

I think it's wonderful. Just don't worry so much! Relax, go meet her, have fun, and be yourself! It definitely could be love at first sight. Just let yourself go, and have the time of your life with her. If you ruin things by over thinking, you'll never forgive yourself!