1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paranoia

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JakeBHT, May 5, 2009.

1. JakeBHT

I have posted on the "voices" thread but there really aught to be a paranoia thread.
    so...
    I hear these voices in my head but they sound like they are coming from behind me or from behind closed doors. The voices talk about me and occasionally too me, the only voice that ever really talks to me is hers ( to make this more understandable shes called Rachel) and I have never got over her. I see this girl I went out with everywhere in windows in doorways (Rachel). When i sleep i have the same dream and if people want I can write it out but for the porposes of this thread there is no need.
    Anyway thats the background now for my help bit.
    Does anyone know how to stop them cause its really starting to freak me and I just want it to stop.
    The people in my class have started noticing that I'm different and sometimes thety talk so loud I can't read or I can't hear anything else over them they won't stop please help.

2. JakeBHT

Sorry I wasn't exactly clear that will teach me to proof read.
    The voices get so loud not the people in my classes. And it is the voices and the hillusionations that i want to stop, I care not about the people in my classes opinions about me.
    And so any help is really gratefully recieved.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like your brain is giving you bad info. This isn't the sort of thing you should try to self-treat, so I'd suggest seeing a doctor and letting him know what's going on. I'm not sure if this would be more of a physical issue (helped via medical means), a psychological one (helped via counseling), or perhaps a combination of both. But I think a trip to the doctor is probably the best place to start, so you can start on the right path.

Lex

4. Mickey

I totally agree with Lex. A visit to a Dr. is in order. Tell him/her what you've told us. They will either help you or recommend someone else,who can. All the best to you.

5. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

While I suggest you see your doctor or psychiatrist immediately, I do have one piece of advice for you: Do NOT listen to the voices...the more you pay attention to them, the worse they'll be. I hear things that aren't there as well and my psychiatrist recently increased my Seroquel dosage from 50mg to 400mg >.> .

I know what it's like, and you're not alone. If you need any help, feel free to PM me or write on my wall :slight_smile: . Oh, and don't self-diagnose...it's not a good thing to do because your symptoms will get worse if you do.

And of course, the required sentence:
    "If you feel that you are a danger to yourself or to others, please call your local emergency assistance (911, etc), or go to the nearest emergency room."

#5 Swamp56, May 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2009
  6. manoverboard09

Like everyone else, PLEASE don't try to work this out yourself. You need to a see a doctor, let them find you the help you need. Much easier than getting help from someone on the interwebz. Don't be nervous about going to the doctor though, it'll be alright. You're not the only person in this world who deals with it. So no worries!

7. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

*cough*

I kind of tried to show with my whole "I also hear voices" thing :wink: . But yes, a lot of people fear they are the only ones who have the so called issue when that's not the case. I think about 1-2% of the population of the USA has schizophrenia alone (more if you factor in certain types of Bipolar Disorder, and also Schizoaffective Disorder).

Also note that everytime you hear a voice, to just ignore it. Another remedy is to push your brain along the nerve path to where the voice is coming from. This actually worked for me today (or else I just so happened to do it when the hallucination went away :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

I wish you luck, and I'm always here if you need to chat.

8. JakeBHT

I don't listen, if I did I wouldn't be here. Infact I nearly wasn't here if it had not been for my 2 ex's I would be brown bread.
    So ok , doctors and don't listern. I'll give it a try. thanks.
    How about the paranoia thing its not just the voices its started being people too. what do i do about that?

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't, really. Like I said, it's your brain giving you bad info, and that's not something that's easily (or even difficultly) self-treated.

Lex

10. JakeBHT

I am going to see the doctor but I don't want my family finding out so a friend of mine has said his mum will take me. But what do i tell him? I don't quite know where to start?

11. JakeBHT

Today the love of my life (my girlfriend) came back to me, and the voices faded and i haven't heard them since this morning but should I still go to the doctors? With schitsophrienier(spelling?) on my medical records it won't make my life any easier will it.

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Schizophrenia. :slight_smile: And yes, still go to the doctor, and let him know the whole story.

Lex

13. Just Adam

paranoia, dont like the thing, thinking everyones looking at you judgeing you dont dare turn your back on them anyone touches you you move fast as you can away from them dont trust anyone.

14. JakeBHT

But won't it be bad on my medical records for getting a job?

15. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I highly doubt an employer will want to look at your medical records since they are completely confidential.

16. JakeBHT

Ok cool, in which case i need to make an appointment.
    Thanks guys and gals you were all really helpful.
    If anyone else has the same problem please feel free to post the people here really helped me!(!)(!)(!)(!)

17. JakeBHT

The voices are back, and Now my trip to the docs is ergent. Half-term is the closest appointment I can make. Just updating you.