1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Um, wow. First girl crush...and she likes me back!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Katherine, May 8, 2009.

1. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    The world is still full of surprises, isn't it?

See, there's this girl who rides my bus. She started out as one of my brother's friends, but now she and I've started to get to know each other. She's bisexual, and so I felt like it'd be safe to come out to her. So I sent her a text message and did just that.

And...hmm, where should I start? What began as one coming out message turned into a five-hour-long text conversation filled with virtual hugs and supportive, joyful messages ranging from "You should have told me sooner!" to "You're pretty and sweet and awesome and I'd like you bi, gay, or straight." (*hug*) I considered it a very successful coming out, and my self-confidence was through the roof.

A few minutes later into the conversation, though, I got THIS message.

"So...Kay. Since you had the courage to come out I want to tell you something. I kinda like you. And I know that might be weird for you, so don't stab me or anything!"

I tried to stay calm. Lately I've been telling myself that I need to be less shy, and I should stop being afraid of people. So I replied, "Well, it depends on what you mean by the word like. But you shouldn't worry about freaking me out...because I kind of like you, too."

She replied, "I mean like as in a little more than friends."

And I replied, "Wow. Me too." :icon_redf

And it sort of went on from there. I told her that this was all sort of new to me, so I didn't want her to make fun of me if I said something stupid. She told me "well, I don't usually go around telling girls I like them, so it's kind of new to me, too!"

Now that we'd come to these conclusions, we discussed where to go from there and I ended up asking her on a date, which she accepted. So we made plans to go out next Sunday.

Wow. This is seriously amazing. I don't know what it was that made me so bold and not-shy. I almost feel like a new person, you know? Like this is the beginning of my new life as an outgoing, happy lesbian. :icon_bigg

That all happened yesterday, and today I'm still kind of on this natural high. Although I'm happy, though, I'm really kind of nervous at the same time. I know that homosexual relationships are just like heterosexual ones, but still, this feels new and scary. How do I act on the date? What should we talk about? What if (*el gasp*) she tries to kiss me or something? I feel like I've reverted back to a giddy eleven year old with her first crush. :eusa_doh:

So...yeah. Does anyone have any words of wisdom to help calm my very excited and terrified nerves?

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, congratulations! (*hug*) I know it sounds like just a cliche, but just act naturally, the way you normally do when you're around her. She likes you, so just keep being that person she likes :grin: Good luck!

3. aerwolfen

congrats on coming out to her and feeling really great on your connection,i know how you feel,its really great,i wish you all the sucess on your date,be yourself and let your connection flow naturally ,most important is to keep the lines of communication open,if not sure ask her what she is feeling or thinking at the moment.you'll do fine.

4. ilovelife

Congrats! :slight_smile:

5. paco

paco Guest

i think the last thing you need right now is advice. dont have us go on the date for you, do what comes natural and dont worry about it, you already know she likes you. have fun :slight_smile:

6. Lacan

Congratulations! This just made my night =)

7. Eleanor Rigby

That's wonderful ! I'm so happy for you. Just stay yourself for your date, and remember that she is probably just as nervous as you are.
    Take care, Eleanor

8. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeahhhhh!!! Well done mate! Thats fantastic news. Be yourself on the date and good luck!xx

9. Fiorino

Omg-that's awesome!
    (*hug*)

10. Jesse Jinx

Everyone else has already said all the best advice. Be yourself, that's who she likes. This just made my day, and (seeing as today is Saturday) You need to keep us posted on how it goes! Best of luck darling! (&&&)

11. katie

yay!!! tell us how it goes. good luck. u could tell her ur nervous...? ppl respond well to that honesty. just be how u r round her normally. good luck

loves
    x

12. VexTaylor

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This post made me smile. I'm really happy for you. Congrats!!! :slight_smile: