1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight People!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TayTay, May 18, 2009.

1. TayTay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, So i have this problem. I am friends with this straight couple, i'm better friends with the guy(a) then the girl(K), and i maybe kinda sorta have a crush on him , but that is besides the point. Moving on with my story, we where all hanging out today and A left the room so it was just me and K in the room , we'll she drops this huge bombshell on me . Which was " I'm cheating on A with this really hot older guy" we'll i am all :eusa_doh::confused::icon_sad::eusa_naug, so now i feel weird around A and i don't know what to do do i tell him the truth or do i just drop it and let it handle itself ?
    Any help or advice would be very appreciated
    ,Thanks :bang:

2. Just Adam

tell him, your his friend you need to look out for each other what she is doing isnt right she doesent care about him if shes betraying him and is so comfortable with it she can tell you. some will say to stay out of it im sure but in the end you need to do the right thing if yu value him as a friend. just break it to him gently and away from her incase he takes it very bad.

good luck with what you choose to do :slight_smile:

3. olides84

If it really makes you uncomfortable interacting with A while knowing this, or find it hard to be a friend with him, then I would confront K about it. She put you into this position - why the hell did she tell you in the first place. It was a shit move on her part - well her second one since cheating on A was her first. Ultimately, if you feel you have to tell him, tell K first so she can do the right thing and tell him herself.

4. Greggers

Talk to K about it. Its a bitch move to tell A, and its a bitch move not to do anything.

It sucks that she told you, but now that she did it would not be wise to let this go on while feelings and bottled up and things just get worse and worse between K and A.

I dont really know what you should tell K, but maybe try and get it to break up with A before she hurts him anymore? Your role as the "outsider" is quite important. You need to look at both sides of the situation and then act accordingly.

Good luck! (*hug*)

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why would she tell you that?

Lex

6. RaRa

I'd say try and talk to her first, and if she doesn't fix up her ways then you can tell A.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would be inclined to talk to K and encourage her to come clean to A. You can point out that she isn't being honest with herself or with A, and that she would feel terrible if the reverse were happening. And (assuming it wasn't told to you with a "can I tell you something with the promise you won't repeat it") you can tell her that you aren't comfortable being in the middle of that situation, and if she doesn't tell A within a certain time (a few days or something), you'll feel the need to tell A yourself.

Don't lose sight of the fact that K might have told you with the unconscious intention that A would find out... many times, people get themselves in situations and want the other person to know but don't know how to deal with it.

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Maybe she wants to break up with her bf but can't do it herself so she tells him this scandalous secret in hopes that he'll spill the beans and the relationship will be over. ????

9. Alex19

i completely agree.

10. Johnny123

Johnny123 Guest

Me too.

11. Crusader

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It all depends on how much you value each friend. As you've said you're better friends with the guy i would say tell him. But it could get tricky, i'd imagine he'd have a immiediate defensive reaction, calling you a liar etc. So i would say tell the guy but be careful lol

Hope that helps =]

12. TayTay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you all forthe advice, i think i am going to talk to Her about it and then go from there , thanks agian all:slight_smile:

13. Eleanor Rigby

You are in a difficult position, but you have to solve a few things before deciding anything.
    First, why did she tells you ?
    Then, why is she cheating on her boyfriend ? Is it just for fun or is it serious ? And how is her relationship with her boyfriend right now ? Has she got problems in her current relationship, like does she have the feeling her boyfriend doesn't love her as he used to for example ?
    Then, are you sure he doesn't know ? Do they have any kind of agreement about seeing other people ?
    I think the only way to answer that questions is to talk to her, alone, in a place she will feel safe, and to avoid being judgmental. You are not her, and you are not a part of either of her relationships. I think you really need to know more before judging her. Cheating on her boyfriend probably hasn't been her best move, but everybody can make mistakes sometimes.
    As for telling her boyfriend, things are up to you, but whatever you decided to do I really think you have to talk to her first and if you decide you want him to know about that, give her a chance to tell him herself. I really think it is better when couples can solve their problems themselves without having a third person interfering.
    Take care, Eleanor