1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Attraction???

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by justinishere, May 19, 2009.

1. justinishere

Okay, I know I have asked this so many times, so sorry if you are the unlucky one re-reading my posts! lol.

So here is the story...

There is this guy, lets call him Dalton. He is in my pe and science class and lately I seem to be seeing something that I am kind of confused about. Its not like he is the most gorgeous guy out there but somehow I can't stop staring at him. I mean he is good looking but I like the whole blond hair blue eyed all American guy. We barely have anything in common, he is way too smart for me, and just seems to be different than other guys at my school. I know for a fact that it is NOT a crush again but somehow wonder if he is "the one" (or one of the ones).

What do you think? Am I really going crazy? Or is it like a sign??? What should I do???

Thanks for your input

2. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

Has he given you the look (aka the gay stare?)

3. justinishere

The gay stare??? How would I know? lol I have caught him glimpsing my way every once in a while but I am sure he was just looking around...

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! That's okay! :slight_smile:

It's interesting that you are saying that it is not a crush, though yet all the signs seem to point it to be a crush and perhaps something a bit more. Attractions (and relationships for that matter) are not entirely based on physical attractions. You have mentioned he is good looking...for some that's enough. :slight_smile:

I'm sure you have heard of 'opposites attract.' He is different, and there are things that you don't have in common. But that is often also what attracts because it awakes a curiosity in us. In some ways, parts of you might thinks, 'this guy would complement/complete me.'

Maybe try talking with him some more. You have a class in common, where you see him and have a common ground to start a conversation with. See where it goes. Sometimes as we get to know others better, we can better make sense of our feelings that we have for them. Sometimes, the feelings will ce confirmed, other times, they will fizzle away. So try talking with him, maybe grab a coffee...

Hope this helps!

5. Dare2bProud

Gosh! I do that all the time, find someone cute and just keep staring over at them. Sometimes they stare back, smile and I really get my hopes up! :O)

6. paco

paco Guest

could be something...could be not

my biggest crushes have always been the ones where i first thought, oh, well he's kinda cute, i wouldnt mind looking at him, but not really my type, soon enough its like i cant take my eyes off them.

if he suddenly turns his head every time you look its a good sign. i wouldnt venture to call him on anything but get to know him and figure it out yourself, but dont hang your hopes on it cause thats a little dangerous when you're just guessing.

7. Jim1454

"the one"?!?

You're 15, and so is he. He's in 2 of your classes. That seems to be the extent of your interaction. You have no idea if he's gay. You have no idea if he's looking at you, or staring off into space. Maybe he has a bad eye... :lol:

I don't want to be mean, but I feel I need to burst your bubble here. Life is NOT like a made for TV movie. Life does not unravle like a High School Musical movie. It doesn't work like that.

Life is about making friends. Being open and honest with people. Trying new things.

Your world gets exponentially bigger as you get older. You haven't gone to university yet. You haven't travlled yet. You haven't chosen a career yet. All these things will expose you to SO many people it isn't even funny. Only AFTER you've had some of these life experiences will YOU know when you've come across 'THE ONE' that is for you.

Until then, be kind to people. Do things for them without expecting something back. Say hello, good morning, how are you, etc. to people. Make friends. Make friends with the guy in your PE class. See what he's like. What his interests are. What he likes to do. Ask to join him in one of those things. Hang out. MAYBE he's gay, maybe he isn't. How else will you ever find out?

8. justinishere

Hey Guys! Thanks so much for all of the tips! They are great help! I will see where things go. Maybe it is something where opposites attract

And Tim you know what I mean when I say "The One" Just looking for someone as a relationship! I know it is not going to last forever! And please do not talk about life being like a High School Musical move. I hate that since I am young people think that is how I think! <<< Sorry for the outburst I am just tired of hearing it over and over again

9. No One

Oh please dont tell me that you didnt used to think "what if this is the one?" just lay off he didnt ask to be critisized.

10. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally agree here! Unexpected crushes are the best! You can't see them coming from miles away so you should relish it when they hit you unexpectedly.
    I'd even dare to say that every time I decided on which guys were my type, I ended up crushing on a guy that was totally different.

I'd say that what you're feeling still counts as a type of crush. So yeah, you should perhaps just try to talk to hime a few times to see if you like him in person as much as from afar.

11. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

Hehe Jim. I've read a few of your posts and you are most definitely the dad of the site and I love it. You even have rebelling children on your hands!:icon_wink Although I do remind my dad every day that sometimes ....just sometimes life isn't always about what will happen in the future. Everything is relative....Year 9 tests are the hardest tests you've sat in your life until Year 10 tests come along. But that doesnt mean that year 9 tests are easy...and they shouldnt be fobbed off as basic just because there are more important tests in the future.

Hey Justin...dont think too much about the fact that he isnt your type, because I'm beginning to realise that even if you think you know what your type is, you meet someone new who completely contradicts everything! Why dont you try to get to know the guy. What's the harm in it...worst case scenario he's completely straight and a complete dickhead. Or maybe he's straight will become a good friend. Or maybe just maybe there's something more to it. Good luck mate...and dont be afraid to just go for it because it's one of the things I regreted about one of my friends at uni....that I didnt just go for it. I always think that people regret the things they didnt do in life more than the things they did do.:icon_bigg

12. Jim1454

You're exactly right - because when you're in grade 9 you can AGONIZE over things that in the grand scheme of things don't matter all that much. That's EXACTLY why I post using the tone that I do. Perhaps it's a little too harsh and people don't get the whole message. Becuase you'll notice that in fact I recommended doing exactly the same thing as you did. Get to know him. Talk to him. Don't agonize over things that might or might not happen.

I spent my entire youth thinking that I was a loser. That I didn't fit in. That no girl would want to date me. And when the occassional girl showed an interest in me, I was completely clueless as to why, or what to do about it. Instead, I let myself just live in a fantasy world hoping, wondering, dreaming about things that could or might happen, and not actually doing anything about it. I don't wish that on anyone. I had to take an extremely destructive path to finally get to where I am today, and I don't wish that on anyone either.

At the same time - I don't expect people to follow my advice as 'the gospel'. They can do with it what they want.

13. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I find your advice very, very good Jim. I'd have typically said what you did but you beat me to the punch. You're right and I regret a good portion of my childhood too. I watched my days go by and never really did anything until late in High school. I greatly regret that to a degree that most people will never understand.

And actually No One, I never once said "He could be the one!"
    :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So it's not impossible to do the same. When you're that young, your hormones rage. I doubt he was using the High School Musical to condescend. I use that reference a lot too because it's wholly unrealistic. -_- It's like the O.C. In a typical and usual BORING college life, that doesn't happen.

He's not being criticized; he's being advised.

(Ps. Spell check!)

14. justinishere

Hey Guys! Thanks for all of your advise! Of course it is always appreciated! :slight_smile:

Been a little off lately with my crushes I guess! Every guy at my school is a complete jerk it seems! Lately I have been seeing him hanging with the wrong crowds... if you know what I mean. I guess in my new high school none of them are meant for me... for now! I guess this is why most of my friends are girls! lol.