1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever questioned?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rainemc, May 20, 2009.

1. rainemc

Have you ever questioned you sexuality after you thought figured out you were gay or a lesbian? Feel free to share your stories about this. Here's mine...

I am questioning weather I'm gay right now after accepting myself for being gay. I'm worried I'm straight. It might sound odd but this is how i feel. I think that i am really gay but I'm not really sure anymore and it feels odd when people say I'm gay (in a non-mocking way).

I don't know if this is the right place to post it but it seemed like the best place.

2. Greggers

I have personally never questioned my sexuality, cause i cant really look at naked women heh...

but thats just me. Im sure its normal to question your sexuality alot when your going through puberty, part of growing up thats all.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. It fit too well for me to wonder.

Lex

4. kettleoffish

To begin with I thought I was bisexual (this was when I still believed you were either gay, straight or 50/50). I've realised now that I'm almost completely gay, and am out as gay, but, under certain circumstances, I could be attracted to a woman, I don't know the kinsey scale, but I'd say I was 90% gay, 10% straight, probably leaning more to gay even than that.

5. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    would you say that you feel uncomfortable being labeled as gay? Or do you really sometimes have feelings for the opposite sex?

I can't say I felt the urge to recant my gayness once I came out. I do sometimes wonder if there is a woman out there that might turn me straight (or bisexual, basically). But since I never run into any woman that pushes my buttons like that, I find myself wondering less and less.

6. rainemc

No i'm comfortable being labeled gay but i don't feel i "deserve" to be called that because sometimes I've been masturbating and a woman creeped into my mind and it helped me along with the process. This bothered me. Basically i think im gay but because of this i dont feel like i completely am even though i couldn't see myself marring a woman but i can see myself marring a guy. I guess im putting too much emphasis on labels but this nags at me.

7. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, I don't mind being called gay either. But some people do have a way of suggesting that the gayness is the big primary defining character trait. nd that's something I do hate. And if people use it that way I do start thinking "wait a minute, that's not me!" But I always assumed that was because they used the label wrong, and not because I was secretly straight.

You don't have to run screaming at the thought of women to be gay... I always thought that I could bring myself to have sex with a woman if it would ever be needed. I just don't really see any reason to pursue either a relationship or sex with one. I don't think that that makes me any less gay.

8. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

I have questioned my gayness a few times actually and it's not something I have told anyone before. There are times I would just think "Are you really gay or are you just trying to grab some attention??". Not having a relationship or having any physical contact with either sexes (to this date) doesn't help in the slightest. For me I believe it was my last ditched attempt to re-enter the closet and just be normal.

This is just my opinion but having that woman 'help' you along during masturbation probably means nothing. You are 15 and for me at that age it was purely the thought of sex (male to male or male to female) that got me off. It may also be seeded in a deep desire to be in a relationship and you know that its hard to find a boyfriend so you start thinking maybe this could work with a girl (thats just from my personal experience)

Re-questioning your sexuality only happens to few of us but this is something you will have to talk about and think hard about.

Good luck, need any more help with this i am happy to oblige. Just post on my wall

9. littledinosaurs

There have been times where I've thought "what if I'm straight?" and then i worry that if i am straight how i could end up taking back everything I've said and have people take me seriously. But it isn't something that lasts long and i don't let it bother me.

10. Apocalypte

I'd be similar. When I first started coming out about 5 years ago, I came out as bisexual because that's honestly what I thought I was at the time. However over time, and a lot of thought and brutal honesty with myself, I did come to the conclusion that I'm just not attracted to men. I can say if a guy is handsome or not, but I don't want to sleep with them and I don't want a relationship with one. Sounds simple, but it took me a long time to work that out.

Oddly enough, everyone who I'd come out to as bi always thought I was gay anyway...

11. pixrulesx91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well honestly right now i'm still kinda questioning it myself but i'm coming out as bisexual right now b/c i have some feelings towards the opposite sex but not much b/c i'm finding it easier to just be friends with them.. but i guess that's why i'm still trying to figure it out... but ya.. right now i consider myself bisexual

12. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    Not since I officially admitted to myself I was a lesbian, nope! :grin:

In fact, it's only gotten clearer and clearer to me. Right now I can't imagine having to be in a relationship with a guy. They're awesome as friends and all, but just aren't appealing as anything more. Women, on the other hand, become more and more appealing to me every day. *shrug*

13. Totoro

At first i thought i was more around the 40/60 Bisexual kind of guy in favor of guys. That's what I first came out as to my friend. Although later on, i realized it more and more that I fit more under the 'gay' part... I'm not sure about attraction to women, I could tell you she's good looking or not, but... yeah, I'm not quite into them as much as i thought...
    Odd enough as well, after coming out bi to my friend, and following that, telling her i thought i was more gay, they told me "Oh i thought that's what you meant before.."
    I don't really think i'm completely gay, but meh- only time will tell just how far i'll go into that scale of yours.

14. Mickey

I guess,a very little! But after the first time I kissed a girl,nope!
    I believe,for me,I kinda wanted to be straight because that's what I was supposed to be.
    That want didn't last too long! Once I realized that there were "others", lol, I was so relieved. And I've been ME ever since!

15. Dare2bProud

A year after I came out, I dated a woman for a 8 months, but I felt very oppressed. When we broke up I started hanging out at gay bars again and was very happy with myself again!

16. Thisisnew

Same for me.

17. GlitterEyes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The only time I have questioned my sexuality was when I thought "Am I a gay guy or am I going to end up a straight woman" this was only due to my extreme girliness. Being gay has just been too natural for me.

18. Just Adam

i do wonder alot as i dont feel right with lables i like who i like if its a guy or a woman its the person that will matter i think im 70-30 too guys but like i say lol its the person that matters

19. Psychedelic Bookmarks

This is basically what happened to me. You've just described exactly my experience :slight_smile: When I first became attracted to girls, I thought I might be bisexual, but as time went on I felt like I was only attracted to girls so I thought of myself as gay. But it started to kind of nag at me because I found myself looking at boys again, and sometimes thinking about boys when masturbating. Also, when people referred to me as gay, I always kind of felt slightly phoney, a bit like when people assumed I was straight. It bothered me.

It came to a head when a friend made a totally well-meant remark about me not liking boys, and I just thought "This has to stop! I can't repress part of me like this! I have no need to be "loyal" to gayness or deny my attraction to men." It also doesn't help that in the past few months I've had a major swing towards liking men, so much so that I'd say I was more interested in them than in women at the moment.

So now I think of myself as provisionally bisexual but practically unpredictable :wink: Some people think I'm straight, some people think I'm gay, some people have a better idea of the strange mixture in my head. I try not to worry too much over it, but accept whatever happens. I worry that one day I'll turn out totally straight or something and this entire past couple of years will have been an absurd diversion, but hey, life's like that :wink: There's more to life than sexual relationships anyway, let alone sexual orientations! Gosh, I have plenty to worry about with school and friends and hobbies and ethics and politics without angsting over this too much :wink:

I'm not suggesting you're totally the same, I just thought your dilemna sounded so similar to mine that I'd share my thoughts in case they can comfort or help you at all :slight_smile: Good luck and keep loving yourself! (*hug*)

20. retroflux

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think about it sometimes.
    I'm gay, but I've never really been with a girl.. ever.. so how can i be sure?
    haha, who knos, i could be bi.