1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What can I do about this?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pikachu1, May 22, 2009.

1. pikachu1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For some odd reason whenever I think about my self being with another guy, I mean really thinking about it, imagining the whole dating, kissing, going out deal, living together, meeting his parent's, him meeting mine, etc.. I can't help it but to break into uncontrollable laughter. For some reason I start laughing and can't stop till I can't breathe. And it's not the normal something is funny laugh I normally do, it's a more kinda my mind just broke psycho laugh. What is the deal with this? I know I am gay and accept it so I don't understand why I do this. Should this be moved to the health forum or is it good here since I'm not sure if it's a health question.

2. mattypants

youre not alone. the same thing happens too me.
    i also get the "psycho" laugh when i try to think about nothing. go figure

3. Timm

You could be laughing simply because these thoughts thrill you...you could just be really giddy.

4. Kirakishou

I don't laugh. I just don't think it's possible.

5. Rob13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It will be hard for me to answer this question, as this has never happened to me either. All I really have to say is to question your thoughts when you are doing this. Think about how you are actually feeling when you are laughing. Are you happy? Are you sad? Is it just too much for your mind to handle so it tries to make you happy by laughing? <-- if so, maybe baby steps is a good thing and not thinking too much of the whole thing... Maybe only think of the first kiss.../ intimate moment.

So overall... be very conscious of what you think and feeling deep down next time you decide to think of all this. Basically, you need to help yourself, but I can help by making you be open to the idea of getting to the main point...

I hope what I said could be of some use. :slight_smile:

Rob

6. pokeypanda

I was thinking the same thing

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For many people, laughter is a symptom of *unconscious* discomfort. Keep in mind that when I'm saying that, I'm talking about something that is completely, totally outside of your awareness. For example, some people, when someone tells them something that is painful or makes them angry, their response is actually laughter rather than a pain or anger response.

Some people, for example, laugh uncontrollably when they have to get naked at a doctor's office, or even when they're having sex if it's early in their experience.

My guess would be that while you're completely comfortable with being gay at a conscious level, some part of you is still anxious about having a relationship, perhaps with just what that means to let someone be close to you, or perhaps with how others might judge you.

It's probably pretty harmless, my guess is that once you're in a relationship, it will probably go away pretty quickly.

8. warrior

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    On the contrary, when such thoughts come into my mind (which keeps coming all the time) I break into uncontrollable sobs and cries, and once I start I keep on crying, unless my tears have dried down and there's no more left to waste ;(

But as many have suggested, it all depends what the 'laugh' really means, I mean laugh doesn't always mean an expression of happiness, it might even mean the opposite.

9. Rob13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with what is said here. So experience and time :slight_smile:

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Once you meet the right guy, it ceases being funny. And starts being amazing. :slight_smile:

Lex

11. JakeBHT

I agree with what Lex said (because he is usually correct!) And anyway laughter is the best thing, you have to laugh otherwise you cry!

12. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here is what I think, and its just my opinion.
    If you’re comfortable with your sexuality then when you think about being with a man your brain knows this is a good thing, but maybe it doesn’t exactly know how to process it. You know you’re not sad so you don’t cry, know your not ashamed so you don’t get angry, you don’t feel like your doing something wrong so you don’t feel embarrassed. What else is there but happiness, which is why you laugh. Again just my thoughts

:roflmao: