1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i hate crushes

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 507bro, May 23, 2009.

1. 507bro

i hate crushes soo bad they almost make me feel hurt
    the fact that you like someone and they don't feel the same
    way. there's this guy, i like him he treats me real nice smiles
    when he sees me. we stare at each other and he don't mind
    said some awkward lines like you make my
    pants explode and say stuff like why we never hold hands. talks
    to me on a regular basic. just as i get my hopes up,
    BAM my friends say he dated a girl
    and that he was straight as a board. I mean i just broke into tears
    because i thought there was something. but there isn't and
    i don't know what to do.

2. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It always sucks being in a situation like this.
    Probably he didn't intend to hurt you. Perhaps he was assuming it was just playful banter, rather than you really having feelings for him? Does he even know you're gay?

Also, not to bring up your hopes too much, but always verify if what your friends say about other people is true. The amount of rumour that is presented as facts can sometimes be staggering.

There is, unfortunately, not a whole lot you can do about it. Either try to remain friends with him, reminding yourself that you need to forget him as a crush. Or you could try seeing him a bit less in order to not feel disappointed so much.

3. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

The more you think about it the worse it gets. Seriously do something to preoccupy yourself, sport, school work, job, movies etc. Trust me it doesn't get better if you avoid him but seeing less of him (not completely avoiding)will help as a coping mechanism. Slowing down the physical hugs and banter also works.

Just another thing to keep your mind off these things just watch things that make you laugh, listen to songs devoid of sadness (that may be hard depending on your taste in music). Youtube is my best coping mechanism and watching Sue White from Green Wing is my favourite at the moment, no matter how I feel her antics and the clip of her dancing to her ringtone just brightens my day.

Need someone to talk to just post on my wall and vent to your hearts contempt

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've only experienced that sort of crush once, thankfully. All the others have been pleasant "wouldn't it be neat" sort of things that made me smile goofy in geometry class, but never punch holes in my psyche. It's more likely to happen to gays (law of averages), but it does happen to straights, too. They fall for gays or people who aren't interested, and go through the same angst and horrible feelings.

Maybe he did date a girl.
    Maybe because he wanted to give it a try.
    Maybe because he's bisexual.
    Or maybe because he's straight.

Find out. If you're out, and in a position to do so, ask if he's seeing somebody. If it ends up he's not interested in you like that, you'll just have to accept that. It'll suck for awhile, but stay busy, stay social, and eventually he'll recede from the front of your mind.

Lex

5. warrior

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Aww, 507bro, I can completely understand your situation. I've had/have enough crushes on fellow students and other cute guys, and unfortunately none worked well. But the thing is this not only a 'problem of the gays'; straights, bis and others also goes through the pain of rejection and stuffs like that, though I think gays are more prone to get rejected than the straight ones (owing to the fact that straight people consists of the majority of the population).

I, by the way, find your story to be quite fascinating to read. I've always been attracted with love b/w friends :wink: I do hope and pray that some day you will be able to find the prince charming of your life and live with him forever, and that wouldn't be just a school boy crush (not that I am saying this crush is a school boy one), that will be the love of your life :wink:

And give your friend some time, who knows he might as well be a repressed homosexual or a bi? I mean just wait and see what happens.

With all the rejection and tragic ends to my own crushes, I have now stopped myself from falling for any of my male friend, because I know none of them work at the end ;(

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :tears:
    We’ve all been there. His eyes make your heart jump. Hhis smile gives you that low down tickle. His face looks like it was crafted by a master sculptor. The good news it these feelings fade over time. The bad news it you have to just though it out until they do. But if you want mope then mope. In my experience once you give yourself permission to feel crappy about something the sooner you feel like getting over it. More bad news there will be other crushes, but more good news there will be other crushes.

:love:

7. justinishere

I completely understand your situation! I hate how crushes turn into something bad most of the times :frowning2:

Same thing has been happening to me and lately this guy I was crushing on turned out to be a real jerk....

So what if he dated a girl? That doesn't mean much. Who knows you could be a lucky one and get the guy!? :wink:

Hope things work out :slight_smile:

8. 507bro

well he is catholic, he could be repressive.

9. gaius

gaius Guest

does he know your gay ??? because if he doesn't he could have just thought it was a bit of a playful joke, if he does then it seems to me like he wouldn't be just joking, also a lot of my friends would tell you that i've dated girls, doesn't mean i wouldn't be up for a guy as well but some of my friends don't know that. Either way it might be a good idea to find out a bit more information before you give up all hope, hope it turns out well
    steve

10. Dare2bProud

I currently have a crush on someone myself, however, with my history its a good feeling just to have this crush and an imagination. I don't want it to ruined, however, I should be forward about it at some point to see what happens. How do you go about telling a crush you like them? I'm very inexperienced in the dating scene and being forward with guys. I just freeze or would rather say nothing at all. I also have the problem of rushing into things and moving too fast!

11. Dare2bProud

Also, how can you tell if someone is single or not without being forward and asking them? Is there really a good sly way of figuring that out before you pursue any further?