1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O gosh...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sugar, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So the girl i met at the group meeting is ... COMING OVER TO MY HOUSE TOMMOROW! I'm a nervous wreck, i've been fixing myself up and picking things to wear all day! We're gonna be alone for some time and then .. my parents are gonna meet her omg so akward. I didn't say she was gay but my parents so know somethings up since i never bring ppl over let alone a girl they've never met right after coming out to them! How can I calm down? and act cool about it? What do i tell my parents? Should i invite her for supper to avoid an akward supper with my parents? AND WHAT DO I WEAR! haha

2. jroakwood

awh. thats cute.
    hah. just play it cool when she meets your parents.
    easier said then done, eh?
    ...of course parents DO usually make things awkward.

when you say invite her for supper do you mean like going out to dinner?

and as for what do you wear.
    make sure its something youre comfortable wearing.
    you dont have to like... try too hard. hehh. cause then it might look like you tried to hard.
    so just look cute without trying? heh.
    nevermind.

have fun!

3. Moth

I really can't give you any advice on what to wear, because I myself am TERRIBLE with that. All I can really say is don't overdo it or underdo it. You want to look nice, but not overdressed.

As far as calming down, that's something I'm bad at too, actually. =] I would suggest taking deep breaths, and if you get REALLY nervous concentrate on something else briefly, if only for a couple seconds. Not while somebody's talking to you though - I do that and end up getting in trouble because I have no idea what the person said. If you need to, go ahead and fidget discreetly, just don't let anybody know you're doing it. And for the sake of all that is holy, just BREATHE! =D It's one of the best things you can do. I know when I get nervous my breathing tends to get really shallow, and the more shallow your breathing is the less clearly you think. So just try to keep your breathing regular and steady. If you find you just can't calm down, look for an excuse to be alone briefly - getting a drink or something. Use that time to stare at a stationary and neutral object and concentrate on calming down. Just don't be gone to long, or they'll think something's up.

Wish I could help more, but unfortunately I'm not good at fashion or staying calm, sorry. Good luck, though! ^_^

4. CrimsonThunder

Have a good time Sugar and don't do anything you don't feel comfortable doing. :wink:

5. TeeBe

Fasion and meeting the parents: not my forte! Sorry about the lack of advice, but at least the few miinutes on EC might...sort of...take your mind off the present? I hope all goes well, keep us updated!

6. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    haha thanks guys, it's 9:40am right now I'm gonna go pick her up in 2 hrs :eusa_sick :eek: I'm nervous but excited at the same time :eusa_danc

7. CrimsonThunder

Try not to think too much about it lol! Go and do something that'll take your mind off it haha.

8. Jim1454

Wow! That's really cool! Ya - no idea what I could say to help you! GOOD LUCK!

9. 24601

I guess you've gone to pick her up, now? Well cool, good luck!

10. SadConfusedBandGeek

Ho Hum, its probably to late for me to put my 2 cents in lol

But i am so proud of you:slight_smile:
    I hope it goes well.

11. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for all the support guys but it didn't go so well :frowning2: ... I didn't get the same vibe from her as last time. She didn't seem as interested and i think i was trying way to hard to impress her. :frowning2: Oh well, we'll still be friends

12. CrimsonThunder

Aww Sugar. (*hug*) She probably liked it though! Maybe you should ask her how her day was?

13. jroakwood

im sorry sugar.
    i was really hoping it would go good for you.

but you never know, maybe she was just acting different because of the situation?
    did she meet your parents and stuff?
    next time you talk to her ask her if she had a good time or something along those lines.

14. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yah she said she had fun but she was talking a lot about her ex and the "type" of girls she's interested in which doesn't fit my description at all. And she was saying things like i need some lesbian friends and she asked me if i wanted to go clubbing with her to pick up girls. I guess it's good i have a friend to meet new people with but i don't know how to be friends with someone i like :S anywho I'll keep you guys updated :slight_smile: I'm going to another group meeting tommorow and I'm suppose to go out with one of the members to a bar so :wink: wish me luck

15. 24601

Well, at least she's still a friend... although it sucks that nothing more could have happened. I'm still happy for you! Go get em!... err... yeah... :thumbsup:!