1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flirting?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Johnny123, May 24, 2009.

1. Johnny123

Johnny123 Guest

I want to be one of those people who flirts with everyone - but can't do it! Can anyone give me some advice for gentle everyday flirting, if such a thing exists? I don't mean the eye-contact, leaning-in kind of stuff we're told to do to attract people, just gentle flirting like some of the cooler people do... thanks

2. -Michael-

Cooler people. :')
    What the hell.

There are no tips to give.
    Doing stuff we tell you will seem forced.

Just be yourself! I know it's said a lot but it;s the only thing that works.

If your shy and bashful just learn how to be more confident.
    But trying to act like you know what your doing will make you look very idiotic.

No--one knows how to flirt.
    ...no males anyway
    without embarrassing theirself.

3. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    When you see your person, smile and lock eyes with him. Then go to him quickly, and introduce yourself.

1. Sustain long eye contact (important)
    2. Get the dreamy eye look (bigger pupils; think of happy sexy thoughts)
    3. Do the sticky eye look; like you pull your eyes with effort
    4. Smile (a lot) Laugh at his jokes, make him feel important special
    5. Touch; gently like flicking off lint of a shirt
    6. Dress for success, look the part. If you aren't in the same league (better or worse) then ignore the person, or use very manipulative techniques such as making yourself appear better than what you are. If you don't have looks, go on social status and wealth. If you don't have that go on knowledge. If you lack something, make up for it someway or another.
    7. Go from friends to couple status within seconds like this "It's cold outside", then to "We are going to have a bad winter". Using the word 'we' makes the relationship feel more intimate.
    8. Give semi compliments, then go for the killer compliment (only used once in the beginning; or else everything seems fake). "You have the most amazing something..."
    9. If conversation goes dry look for special words like this

"I hope the cold doesn't bother the birds " *corny example*
    " you like birds?"
    "I love animals of all types! Blah blah"

(btw I never used this advice, but I read a book just today about how to attract people and make them fall in love with me, it's called "How to make anybody fall in love with you")

#3 Jack2009, May 24, 2009
    Last edited: May 24, 2009
  4. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

wtf? o_o;

5. Zac4

i think if u talk about the weather and birds u r likely to get ur ass beat

6. Timm

I'm a really bad flirt (because of my extreme shyness) but even I wouldn't talk about WEATHER AND BIRDS!

7. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This equity system isn't necessary for attraction, but it helps a lot deeper in the conversation after you snag the partner. If you don't appear equal then the person might write you off.

Let me explain, if you are ugly, then go on and make your job sound wonderful and act like you're wealthy to really impress the person. Use richer vocabulary, thesaurus. If you're hot, then it's easier, but if you're seeking a hot and rich guy then you better upgrade what you have. In the book it said that you can easily get anyone with a 2 point difference in looks (on 10 point value system). To enhance looks then act as if you're the hottest person ever.

People use the equity value to see what they can get out of this relationship

1. Looks (important; but not the main factor)
    2. Wealth
    3. Status
    4. Knowledge
    5. Personal Traits
    (as best I can remember from the book)

If the equity is in equal comparison then the person will like you as an equal. If you're not equal then there's going to be issues as the superior might take advantage of you, or you'll feel guilty or bad about not being equal.

(I know birds being a bad example; just trying to get the point across that people say something means something important to them so bridge off from it)

8. Aero

:roflmao:

Jack2009, I don't know where you find these books.... but that author sounds like a complete douche...

9. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    lol at the library, i was in this aisle looking for another book, and then this book caught my attention because it said scientifically proving method by a psychologist "to make anybody fall in love"... than i grabbed what else they had on that shelf.

and it was all fresh in my head so i had to type it down

10. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I was thinking "Wow. How fake." actually. To think you need to compensate and flower the facts about you to make someone (deceitfully) fall in love with you. If a person doesn't fall in love with you for who you really are then they are only being deceived...

But that's just my 2cents.

11. -Michael-

haha i know.

If someone said this to me, i'd have to make up my own conversation in my head.

12. partietraumatic

ill make that 4cents :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Gumtree

It's kind of hard to tell someone "how" to flirt when I for one can't even think of how to define what flirting is!

All I can say is be confident!

Saying hello and nodding is a greeting, but a smile and a hand on the shoulder is potentially a lot more flirtatious. You get the picture!