1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I meet people?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by touchofgrey, May 26, 2009.

1. touchofgrey

I'm currently dealing with the fact that ... well.... I'm a women and think I definitely have some attraction for women. I don't know if I'm bisexual or gay or whatever.... I mean, I'm pretty new to this whole thing.

I'm in therapy (I've been dealing with depression/eating disorder) for several years but only recently are we discussing my sexuality and orientation...and the more we talk about it, the more I want to try something physical with a woman.

HOW!?

I'm home from college for three and a half months and I don't go out that often.... and I don't even know how on earth I would find a women interested in me. At school it's easier because there's a huge LGBQTA scene, which I think I'm going to take advantage of come fall. But I don't really want to wait that long.

What could I do?

2. AXavierB

I'm a guy and having similar problems meeting people, but mine stem more from the fact that I don't get out of the house much.

But everyone I've asked has said similar things; try going to a gay/straight alliance or meet people through referrals from friends.

3. Jim1454

If all else fails, you can try an online ad. Be brutally honest with what you're looking for. You might get a lot of crack pots, but you might also find someone that can totally relate to you and your situation. I made a new (gay) friend that way. It could work for you. Good luck.

4. acorn7

Well you could try going to gay/lesbian bar and look around. While it's probably not the best way to meet your soulmate, you might meet some nice people.

However, if you just want something physical and nothing emotional, I'd make sure the other person and you are both very aware that it's just physical. As in, make sure to not get hurt emotionally. I'd take things gradually.

5. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I guess it depends on what you are looking for. Ask yourself honestly are you looking for someone to just try things with; with no emotion attached to it or are you looking for an actual relationship. If you are only looking for someone to try it with then I would advise you to go to a gay bar you could probably find someone there or you could try online if you don't know of any in the area. Though if you do it online I advise you meet them in a public place in case they aren't on the level.

Now if you are looking for something with a little more weight to it then you can still try a bar or online but you are much more likely to find a hookup. Honestly if it is a relationship you are looking for then I would wait until fall.

6. Lacan

Hey there!

Being honest with yourself is the most important part -- at the very least, it gives you the confidence to approach other women without shame. This gaydar thing is overhyped, but at the same time it works mostly... if you spend time at a gay bar, or an LGBT themed event your college or town sponsors, chances are you'll get to be in touch with other people who are gay or at least questioning. And really, there's no pressure -- sexuality is a weird thing and it takes a while to figure out. If you think you may be LGBT, spend some time with other gay folk your age -- there's nothing to lose, and you'll get to learn more about yourself.

Mostly I wouldn't worry about meeting new people though -- take a risk and be cool with yourself and you'll figure it out. =)

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coming to terms with your sexuality is not always easy, especially if you’re different. Hopefully you can take comfort in knowing you’re not the only one going through this. I’m sure if this helps but:
    When you leave home and go to college your world suddenly expands overnight. You’re plucked out of the pond you went to high school in and are thrown into the ocean, and going home again can seem like going back to that little pond.
    Anyway maybe its ok not to go out every night while you’re home it sounds like you’re dealing with a lot. Take some YOU time and relax.
    And don’t beat yourself up too much…there are plenty of people in the world who will do it for you.

(*hug*)

8. JakeBHT

How old are you, in england there is age restriction on this kinda thing, gay bars, physical stuff between people especially gay men but I am not sure about women. And I have the same problem, exept I want a relationship with a real romantic guy, thats what I need: a "good old fashioned Lover boy". Thanks freddy mercury, your song inspire me constantly and this is a persional favourite. I just love Gay musicians who write honestly about how they feel.:eusa_clap

9. twixy30

i would not rush into thing take thing slow if this is all new to you then i would just get to now yourself first and find out what is it that you want in a relainship know doing get me wrong its great that you are out but you dont want to overwelm yourself so just take one day at a time good luck