1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There’s this guy…

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Spencer, May 27, 2009.

1. Spencer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had iss (in school suspension) today because I went to Kings Island, Cedar Point, and the 500 last week and didn’t go to school that week. That’s not what’s important, what is important is that I met this guy in there. I know what you’re thinking, how can anyone who has iss be good? Well most of the people in there only have it because of attendance and all of the bad kids usually get expelled. So I was in the iss room and they had us set two to a table, facing each other. I thought the guy that they sat me with was hot. We’ll call him Jake. Because I don’t know his real name and he looks like Jake Ryan from Sixteen Candles.

So I was sitting there doing homework, minding my own business when I look up and this guy is just staring at me. I immediately look down. It was really awkward. Then I thought maybe he was watching me because he likes me or something (I probably had ink on my face). So I went back to doing my work, trying to look sexy while doing chemistry and AP Euro essays… it wasn’t that sexy.

When we went back to the room after lunch, the teacher was nowhere to be found. So everyone just talked and did whatever. Instead of going back to the table, he threw a ball against the wall. Every so often he would stop and I would look up to see why and he would be looking at me, then he would go back to throwing the ball.

I have iss again tomorrow. If he is in there what should I do? Should I try to talk to him or something? Or what if he isn’t even in there, then what? And I don’t even know if he’s gay or bisexual.

2. Kirakishou

Wouldn't hurt to try and talk to him.
    If he's not there, then well... what do you want to do? Do you want to go look for him?

3. gaius

gaius Guest

wont hurt to say hi to him!

4. Mind Freak

How awesome would it be if he likes boys! I say talk to him! Smile a lot but not like creepy and when you see him staring just giggle and ask him what he's looking at. Or if there is something on your face. And since you may sit across from him graze his leg with yours and see how he reacts. Good luck! Keep us posted I love hearing about these kinds of things.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No reason not to be friendly and say hi, just be a little cautious, because he could be closeted, or not even out to himself, and therefore uncomfortable if he thinks you might have an interest in him.

Totally separate: Does anyone besides me see the ridiculousness of taking someone who's skipped school for a week, and taking them out of class for ANOTHER week as punishment? Schools are so uncreative.

6. mattypants

/mimics
    wouldnt hurt to say hi

/original
    i loved "doing my work, trying to look sexy"
    never crossed my mind in class

7. twixy30

i say talk to him it cant hurt. and if hes not there i would well try to see if you can fine him and yes keep us informed love to hear what the out come is

8. Doreibo

Hey if he isn't there then you still go to the same school right? There are always other opportunities. If he is there, get talking. Be friendly, start the conversation, don't wait for him to do it. Maybe he's shy, maybe he is still closeted. Whatever it is, just take the first step and hope he reciprocates. Good luck! ^_^

PS: Calchip, I completely agree. I missed a week of school too, but at least my school isn't unreasonable. Then again I told them in advance I was going and I got all my work to do while I was gone. . .mind you I didn't end up doing alot of it but I got the gist of it all. The idea of missing a week of school, then missing another week as punishment seems a little redundant to me. Oh well, it could be worse.

#8 Doreibo, May 28, 2009
    Last edited: May 28, 2009
  9. Adam

You went to Cedar Point? I'm jealous....

10. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Sounds a bit like my first. :slight_smile:

Sounds like he's starved for attention. So, give it to him. Even if you're not asking if he's gay or not, even before dropping the big G bomb, talk to him. Socialize a little. I don't think being in ISS makes you 'bad' per say. What's he like though? Seriously analyze him a little. Get to know him while you can. But don't expect drop of a dime sex or anything. It'd be better to befriend him first. He could just be staring or looking at you because he's bored or expects you to be the same.

11. Alex19

just say hi and go from there. but dont get your hopes up.

12. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just spark up casual conversation and take it from there.

13. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Well? What the hell!

Don't keep us in suspense.
    How'd it go? Or is it still a work in progress?

When I tried this, and I had an almost exact circumstance, I ended up with memories that'll never fade. :slight_smile: Maybe it'll be the same for you.

14. Spencer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I walked into ISS today, looking hot as all hell. He wasn’t there.

I went back to my locker and changed into some old jeans and a t-shirt, I wasn’t going to sit there from 7.30am-2.15pm in clothes that weren’t comfortable for nothing. When I got back to the room, he was there… and I looked like a slob.

He brought stuff to work on, but he didn’t know how to do any of it so he asked me for help. After that we talked. I found out his real name, which is Luke. When I was talking to him, I felt like I knew him from somewhere other than school and I couldn’t remember where. So we keep talking and it turns out that he’s the brother of my sister’s best friend. According to him we’ve met several times before, but I don’t remember any of them.

He said that we should hang out sometime. I don’t know if he was serious or if he was just trying to be nice. And I still don’t know if he’s gay or bisexual.

Tomorrow is his last day because he is a senior. So I don’t know when or if I will see him again.

15. -Michael-

He's probably just trying to act cool and mysterious.

16. Kyle Tristan

Kyle Tristan Guest

keep us updated!!!!! :slight_smile:

17. george678

Flirt with him
    say hi first

18. Just Adam

just say hi im ..... what you in for :slight_smile:

simples :slight_smile:

19. Just Adam

p.s you can add your cute to the end of the sentance if you wish lol allthough its optional :slight_smile: