1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh My!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dare2bProud, May 29, 2009.

1. Dare2bProud

So I am a stage manager for this theatre company, we had auditions a week ago and I somehow developed a crush on this guy we had cast. He was amazing at auditions and whenever I was out in the lobby he kept smiling at me. One could probably read into that too much ... and well ... I probably do and did. Anyhow we became Facebook friends, tomorrow some friends and I are going to clubbing. In a knee jerk response I messaged to see if he wanted to go out with us if he had nothing to do tomorrow. Is this too fast?? Do you think things might be awkward now? Or is there nothing wrong in asking someone you've only known for a couple weeks to come out and join you?! I'm nervous now that I sent that message .... I guess I took a risk huh?

2. acorn7

Meh, why not? The worst that can happen is he declines. It's fine IMO :wink:

3. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

its not like your asking for a commitment. it never hurst to ask.

4. twixy30

what the worse he could say NO! go for it

5. Mickey

You did okay. Don't worry.I'm sure it'll go fine. If he goes,just be yourself and have a great time!

6. Greggers

Id go for it. For sure.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So ya gotta tell us how he responds...

8. revolutionrock

Nah, that's way good! You have nothing to lose. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

9. Lumi Nie

I don't think you rushed anything. After all, it is not bad to ask someone to join you at a party. :slight_smile: Hope you will have a good time! ^_^

10. Jesse Jinx

No worries at all! Like everyone said, worst case, he says no. And there's nothing wrong with asking someone to join you and some friends out for a night of fun. It's not like you're asking him for a candle-lit dinner for two. Plus it'll give you more of a chance to get to know him.

Keep us posted please! I wanna know how this turns out! :grin:

11. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As others have said: there's really no risk involved at all. Either he says yes, and then you can go clubbing, or he says no, and that could still be because he has other commitments (or just doesn't like clubbing).

And asking people out after knowing them for a few weeks isn't that odd at all. It shows you just like them. And there's nothing wrong with that.

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My only concern is the fact that he's in the cast, and you're a stage manager. Are you on equal footing there? If he decides to hook up with someone else in the cast instead of you, can you keep your ego in check to still do the job well? If yes and yes, then no problem. :slight_smile:

Lex

13. Dare2bProud

Yeah. I sometimes forget my position as stage manager, I don't do this all the time for everyone. I think asking him out to join me and some friends, isn't a bad deal. If he wants to go further, I will ask him that we keep things under wraps until the show is over and after the show we can pursue the relationship further. Its just a risk and chance I take.

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If by "under wraps" you mean "let's not pursue this any further until the show ends", then yeah - do it. If by "under wraps" you mean "let's pursue this, but not tell anybody, and they won't know..." Well, you've presumably been in theater long enough to know the likelihood of that one. :slight_smile:

Lex

15. Dare2bProud

lol, yeah, you hit it on the nose Lex. There's no way in theatre you can possibly pursue something and keep it a secret. I don't know, I like just going with the flow. Its a community theatre, things like this happen. Its how it works. We'll see. I still haven't received a response from him anyway and I'm 100% sure it will be "no". *shrugs*

16. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>Its a community theatre, things like this happen. Its how it works.

And you know how annoying it is when you've got two people who slept together briefly but no longer do working on the same production. Just keep that mental image in mind... :slight_smile:

Lex

17. Dare2bProud

Yes. I do. Right now, I'm just trying to be friends and build a good friendship. Although, its very tempting right now to jump into things. Typically, guys like him don't go for guys like me, so I shouldn't stress too much.

18. Dare2bProud

... and he hasn't responded yet ... so I'm getting very nervous and anxious. Argh!

19. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't. You invited him out. If he accepts, go have fun with him. If he turns you down, or doesn't respond, go have fun without him. Leave the drama on the stage. :slight_smile:

Lex

20. Dare2bProud

I sent him a facebook message, if I don't hear from him by a certain time tonight, should I TXT him ... or does that seem desperate? and just leave it alone and wait until another time?