1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice for a date...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by otc877, May 30, 2009.

1. otc877

otc877 Guest

I've met this guy through facebook and we've been talking for a few days. He's asked me out for dinner tomorrow night. He chose a restaurant in a mall that a lot of old high school friends still go to. I'm worried that I'll see somebody I know and who I'm not out to yet.

I really want to see him, but I don't know if I'm even being rational at this point. Also, who pays for what? I'm sure this has been asked many times before, but I'm nervous and excited and I need some personal advice.

2. EM68

Since it is a first date I would split the bill. Don't worry if someone knows you. Its not uncommon for 2 guys to go out for dinner. Just be yourself and you will be fine.

3. Just Adam

Ed said it all split bill and your just 2 guys eating unless its candlelight a rose and holding hands all dreamy eyed then i think your safe but so what if they see you fuck them dont let them ruin your date :slight_smile:

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off - two guys eating at a restaurant doesn't make them gay. Unless they're eating each other. (rimshot)

Secondly, assume you're splitting the bill. He may insist on paying, in which case, thank him profusely and don't fight him on it.

Lex

5. Just Adam

anything for a free meal hay lex :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: lol

6. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

:eusa_clap Wow Lex just wow on that first part

But back on topic, everyone else seems to have said it all.

7. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it would be unreasonable to suggest somewhere else where you're less likely to run into someone if you think it's going to make you nervous. I have seen two guys out for dinner and been like "They are SO gay." But then, I'm gay, which I like to think makes me far more clued in than, say, random straight people--plus I may have been projecting because they were both hot. :lol:

8. tm74

tm74 Guest

As others have said, two guys in a restaurant does not make them a couple - I often have meals in the company of work colleagues for example - doesn't mean we're dating!