1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

attracted to a friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by matty123, Jun 2, 2009.

1. matty123

k so my best friend is awesome, he is, really fit and the nicest guy in the world, we have known each other for like 12 years. Anyway i only came out to him a few months ago, then he came out to me, he's bi btw. Anyway was kinda saw him in a different way when i found out he was bi, i was attracted to him a lot, but never really told him, well i said i was attracted to him, but in a purely him being fit way, i never said i had a small crush on him. So anyway i eventually got over him, partly cos i kinda met a guy, though it is complicated, the point is i no longer thought of him like that, he went back to being my best friend.
    Anyway we have an odd friendship, we often take the piss out of each other, like he always calls me fat, i did used to be, and i guess he knows i am still a tad self-conscious about my weight, i always call him something like short, or posh, again cos i know he doesn't like it, (we probably sound horrible, but are actually very close), but tonight he starts texting me saying this friend of his we met thought i was fit, and he agrees, i send a jokey text back, but then he says he's gunna stop calling me fat and call me fit, and that i did look really fit the other day, he just couldn't say cos we were around other people. Plus we have been really close l8ly, like since we found out bout each other, and text all the time, we see more of each other than ever b4. I dunno i'm just confused now about how i do feel about him, and how he feels about me, and even if he did like me, and there was a possibility of something like that happening would i want to risk my friendship with him??anyone else been here?like can something like that happen, and if it does, does ure friendship ever survive?i dunno, sorry if i'm rambling on a bit, i'm just confused i guess, ta 4 any advice
    mat

2. byeee

Well, as I heard someone say once, it's only up to you if it changes your friendship for the better or for the worse.

3. RaRa

OMG i'm like in the same exact situation. And we even act that same way to each other too. (We tried being nice for like, a day, but it didn't work. xD) We have that kind of relationship where we can tease each other all the time but it's never serious.

But you're one step ahead of me. Your friend is bi, mine is "straight." :dry:

4. Just Adam

it doesent have to risk your friendship a couple have to know and understand each other and who would know you better than your best friend so it could have the potential to be a great relationship. if he dancys you thats good but the important thing is how you feel about him, if you still fancy him and you naturally have feelings for him anyway , is the only thing stopping you the fear of the friendship or is this other guy you like still a factor?

at the end of it if you like each other and have all the required careing and feelings then i say talk to him about it as a relationship built on a long lasting loving friendship are usually some of the best relationships you will ever find as they not rushed or short. you two have known each other for 12 years so know each other pretty well id say and know how you act what your like and you sound good around each other.... the only thing that would change in a relationship would be a bit more emotional about feelings and stuff and youd both get closer physically :slight_smile:

so figure out how you feel and talk to him

take care x

5. matty123

hey
    thankyou for the advice, i know i still need to figure out how i feel, crushes are confusing. we hung out for a few hours today at mine, we mainly just talked about general crap, music, tv, gossip about mates lol, i decided i need more time to think before i say anything, and he didn't say anything about it, i dunno he can really blow hot and cold, i just don't know how he feels u know?it might just be him giving off all the wrong signals, so i'll think it through then talk to him, i figure its better to be straight with him, even if he isn't interested then at least i'll know where i stand, sop yeh ta for the advice, and taking the time to read this
    mat

6. george678

No problem keep us updated!
    x
    :grin:

7. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Hey just a piece of advice.

Usually when speaking to someone whos bi, coming from a gay guy, at least from my experiences--it doesn't end well. I've actually had the reverse happen to me and shot'em down. But be prepared for rejection and for the friendship to end if you do.

Why?

Because he may never think of you the same.

Why?

Because everything you do from that point onward may seem like you're being affectionate or trying to get closer.

Just be careful about how you present your feelings. That'll determine everything. But usually, friendships break because people distance each other in shame. I think you should just get over the crush again so that you don't lose him. Honestly, it sounds like me and another friend of mine. We have the same abusive relationship. :slight_smile: