1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Self esteem. [Girl issue as well]

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicIsLife, Jun 2, 2009.

1. MusicIsLife

So, about 8 months ago i joined this website called gays.com. It's kinda like a cross between a dating site and myspace, and i joined it in hopes of meeting a girl to date.

8 months later...

I get a message from a girl, and ive added her on msn and at the moment we're talking, and its clear that there's mutual attraction for one another.

My problem is when i talk to her i get all nervous, cause she is really pretty. And the thought "Why is she interested in me?" keeps running through my head. I mean, i dont wanna ask her why, i feel like im just fishing for compliments or something, but the fact that im even having these thoughts is really bothering me.

help?

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I think it's natural and normal to have these thoughts. We are all at times curious or interested in knowing why someone is interested in talking to us or what is it that they find interesting about us or why are they attracted to us. But you can figure it out by keeping to talk to her. I'm sure she is actually telling you this in her own way. You already know that there is some attraction. Maybe think about what she already told you about you. Has she ever told you what she likes about you?

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She's interested in you because you're worth being interested in :slight_smile: It can be really tough to get out of the mindset of "nobody would be interested in me", but if she is, just knowing that can help. Give it time, see where this takes you, and enjoy :slight_smile:

4. Mickey

Yay,Maddy,great post! So true,too!

5. Eccentric

Don't worry, you're awesome! Who knows, maybe she's just as nervous as you are. Think of all her good qualities - you have just as many. You're just not realizing it. And hey, you can always fish for compliments from us!

6. MusicIsLife

xD thanks guys.

As I talk to her im getting less nervous. I think the whole thing as this could possibly turn out to be my very first "real" girlfriend its just as exciting as it is scary.

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well here are four thoughts:
    1. You’re hot and you don’t know you’re hot.
    2. She dosen't know she's hot.
    3. Maybe she has dated those really hot girls before and found those relationships to be less then satisfying. Maybe she wants substance in a girlfriend and not just physical attraction.
    4. You said you’ve been chatting. Maybe she can see what an awesome person you are and want to get to know you better.

pick on...go with it.

(*hug*)