1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prom Date Stood Me Up

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Swamp56, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

:frowning2:

I just got an email from my prom date - he told me he isn't going now to the prom since he doesn't feel like he'll have fun.

Great, now I'm dateless to prom...I'm really upset and extremely angry.

#1 Swamp56, Jun 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2009
  2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Sorry to hear that your date is no longer going to the prom with you. I can only imagine how disappointed you must be. (*hug*)

Not sure why your date feels that he won't be having fun, but you know what? You can still have some fun! I would still go, and try to have some fun and enjoy the prom. Give it a go...

3. ANightDude

If it's bad, you can just go with some other dateless friends. (Wow, that sounded bad).

Just find someone at the dance. Or just spend it with your friends. However this is prom... you may be in a diliema. You should talk to him.

4. Mind Freak

Aw man. That sucks. Here's what I would do.
    Forget him, go to prom, have as much fun as humanly and legally possible, talk about how much fun I had when he's in ear shot of me. :slight_smile:

Or you can chew him out about his last minute decision and then do the above. Which ever.

Either way, you deserve to have fun so go to prom and shake what ya mama gave ya! :slight_smile:

5. Mickey

Please,go! Don't miss your prom. It's a kind of rite of passage. You've "earned" the right to go. You made it all the way through school and this is like a little reward.
    I hope you go and have a blast. Hang around your friends and don't worry about your date.
    He'll miss it,you don't have to. All the best to you.

6. george678

Nevermind...
    I would still go...
    It will be fun...

7. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

He wasn't a hallucination right? Or the stand up?

How many other gay guys are there dateless you know? Try them?

Prom is usually just a precursor to the bed sheet tango anyway.
    Why not cut out the dancing and just find someone to fuck like crazy?
    It's a lot easier. Less sweaty too.

That's just my 2cents though Swampster.

8. revolutionrock

Oh man, dates don't even matter. They're pretty much only for pictures. Everyone pretty much dances with everyone; I hardly saw my date at all on prom night. :slight_smile:

Go, man, go!

9. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    seriously, still go.
    I am, and I don't know ANYONE who's gay. I'm going dateless. it's just like the norm to go.
    like they say:
    it's better to have loved and lost, than never loved at all".
    I am one of the many without a date due to being gay. I am unfortunate that I don't know any gays either.

in time like this, think of all the good things you have. you know gays, you know this website etc.

we're always here for you. (*hug*)

10. xequar

Pfft, whatever. Only go if you're going to have fun going. I blew off both my Junior and Senior prom, and I don't regret it for a moment. If you like people that will be there and you're going to have a fun time, then by all means, go for it. If not, you're not required, and if you miss it, you won't fail at life or some such crap.

11. Jim1454

Try to put yourself in your date's shoes... so that you can understand where he is coming from. Did he go to your school, or was this going to be the first time he met all your friends? Is he open about his orientation? Was this going to be somewhat controversial - you bringing a date? Some people just aren't into making politica statements.

At any rate, unless he changes his mind, he's not coming. Being mad / angry about it isn't going to help you to enjoy your prom.

I really wouldn't worry about going with a date. I sit somewhere between Mickey and Xeguar on this... it really isn't the 'be all and end all' of lifie to go to prom. Looking back, I hardly remember anything about it. All I do remember is that I DID take a date, and I'd have rather just gone alone. It is an opportunity to get all dressed up and have a rather mature 'evening out' (that certainly doesn't finish between the sheets for everyone!) with your friends.

12. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

He goes to my school and is completely open about his orientation. I'm fine going alone, it's just the "leaving me hanging" that makes me angry.

13. Jim1454

In that case, he's being a bit of a jerk to have accepted your invitation and then cancel. I'd be really mad too!

The rest of my advice stands though. Just go and have a good time. You're not going to be 'alone' as there will be a ton of people there that you know. He'll see the pictures eventually, see how 'dashing' you looked, and kick himself for not being your date. :icon_wink

14. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I had an amazing time w/o him at prom xD . My legs hurt so much from dancing for like 2.5 hours.

15. EM68

Good for you! :thumbsup:

16. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's great that you decided to go and had an amazing time.

17. Eleanor Rigby

I'm happy you enjoyed your prom :kiss:

18. Blondie

Blondie Guest

That really sucks never went to my prom 80's ya know