1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to meet someone?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pianolover95, Jun 4, 2009.

1. pianolover95

Well, I'm 14, gay, and still in the closet to everyone in the world but 2 people so I know it looks kind of hopeless and I might be wasting my time in posting this, BUT I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about how I might meet a guy who would be interested. Idk, I've just been kind of jealous of my friend who got a girlfriend and realized the unfairness, (there's more to that), but hey, that's life isn't it?

2. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

That's called Jealousy. And why do you need to 'meet' someone? You mean meet, not 'meat', right? (!)

3. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You'll definitely meet someone, you're only 14. I think the biggest way you'll meet someone is coming out of the closet though. Don't rush it, do it at your own speed but that should definitely make things easier on you. :thumbsup:

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Yup it's possible to meet someone and you will meet someone down the road! :slight_smile:

That said, you are only 14 years old. You have plenty of time to think about meeting someone and spending time with someone. Just because your friend has a girlfriend, that doesn't mean that you need to follow suit in finding someone. Are you out to your friend in the first place? As Gerry mentioned, you might want to come out first or at least expand your support network before taking the step of being in a relationship with someone. There is no rush in meeting someone. In fact, trying to come out and meeting or being in a relationship with someone at the same time, can become very overwhelming. Why not concentrate on continuing to come out and school for now?

5. paco

paco Guest

it is possible to meet someone while in the closet, but the odds are really set against you because they have to pick up on it and then call you on it, and i may not be fully accurate but i dont think openly gay guys are usually attracted to closeted guys and other closeted guys are just as hard to find as you are yourself. i dont encourage coming out until you are coming out for your own reasons though.

but as everyone has said, you are only 14, most relationships in high school dont actually mean anything anyway, you've got lots of time to find boyfriends.

6. partietraumatic

its definately possible. I met my ex boyfriend whilst in the closet and we were together for 4months;so yes it not impossible you just have to hope to get lucky.

That being said you are 14 so you have plenty of time. I wouldnt worry,im 18 and havnt got close to meeting anyone even tho ive come out to alot of people :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Just Adam

its amaizing you knor sexuality at such a young age everyones right your only 14 man and you will meet someone, i know what its like to see friends with someone all happy and in love and it can feel bad but just be happy for them and then focus on yourself, i agree to be able to fully search for someone you will need to come out but theres no rush for that only do it when your ready.

youve ggot your life ahead of you dont rush these things :slight_smile: you will meet a guy who will love you :slight_smile:

take care

8. Dare2bProud

Yeah. You're only 14!! I'm 25 and still haven't been in a serious relationship, so believe me you still have time!

9. Just Adam

aww you have ages aswell your only young :grin:

10. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It’s not hopeless. Being a teen is tough and being different doesn’t make it any easier, but don’t think you have to rush out and get a guy just to prove something. Trust me, that is a bad road to take.

11. twixy30

your only 14 you have your whole life ahead of you just hang in there ok good luck

12. GoBabyGoGo

i feel for you man. My best friends got a girlfriend too... it hurts. We kinda have drifted apart. Theyre happy together, and i should feel happy for them i guess.

i'd really love to meet some other gay guys!! not so much for a serious relationship (although that could be nice!) but just to talk to them and connect to them (ec is great for this) and maybe also experiment a bit haha

im out to most people, not fully fully out, but id like to be and im sure it would help. That said, you could try going to any glbt social groups if your area has any (mine doesn't :frowning2:)

apart from that just hang in there. its frustrating but when you turn 18 (haha a while away) you can go clubbing!!