1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Met a friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Doreibo, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Doreibo

So I just had an awesome night. Had a party at a friends and I met some of her friends too. One of them is a lesbian and she is a fun person to hang around with (they all are). She was the first openly gay person around my age that I've met in person. I wanted to talk to her about it and share my self with her. . .that came out wrong. . .any way. You get what I mean. Unfortunately I couldn't get her by herself, what with me still being in the closet and all, without other people hearing. . .It's bugging me that I didn't get a chance to finally talk to another gay person to person but I dunno. . .I have a question now. . .that I need some advice for. . .but the thing is, I don't even know what the problem is. . .I know it's there but. . .I dunno. . .Over all it was a fun party but this is just a smidge on the perfect picture that is its memory. . .I guess this thread is more of a vent than a question but. . .I think I need some guidance on this topic. . .I dunno. . . .:confused:

2. Just Adam

i think your upset your not out and its understandable having to shy away from saying or doing things its not nice :frowning2:

its easy to say come out but i dont know the situation whether youve got supportive friends or family but i do know nothing good come of hideing away who you are becoming withdrawn :frowning2:

i take it by how you said it that you dont see this woman around to talk to her again so i would say to see any of your friends if they will be supportive and work on coming out to one of them possibly your friend whos party it was as if shes friends with an lgbt person allready then you should be ok too :slight_smile: and it will be a nice little support network helping each other :slight_smile:

then you can move on to telling others knowing theyve got your back :slight_smile:

but you need to do these things in your own time :slight_smile:

take care :slight_smile:

3. Colly

You're just craving real interaction with someone who identifies as GLBT, Which is normal. I did too all through my teen years - and lived somewhere where I was literally the only gay guy in town. It was hard and I became somewhat withdrawn and depressed.

Adam is right with the coming out thing. There is no pressure on coming out - but I'm certain it would make your situation a lot easier. If people know, then it becomes easier to talk about - and if others know, then people in your exact situation may come to you.

Maybe try and get in contact with her. I'm sure she'd have a whole circle of friends which would include gay guys around your age. Ask your friend for her phone number, or look her up on facebook.

4. Doreibo

>_< She doesn't have facebook. . .along our conversation it came up and none of her friends have it. . .It might seem a little awkward asking her for just one friends phone number, the gay one. Seems a lil sus. But Id like to catch up and talk to them all so ill jsut get every one's number, hmm problem easily enough solved. . .Thanks guys, Your advice is very much appreciated.

5. Dare2bProud

Yeah. I'm in the same boat, I'm always looking to hang out with GLBT people as friends .. but for some odd reason in my city gay men have one difficult time of being friends with one another. Makes no sense!

6. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Don't worry, it happens. I have the same issue. I meet new friends and they don't have a Facebook or Myspace and the only way to contact them is via phone. But I'm very hesitant to ask for their number because I'm afraid it will come off as "Will you date me please?" but that can't be further from the truth. I'm just very direct, and well...most people aren't. XD