1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stummped but very hopeful

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dudethere, Jun 7, 2009.

1. dudethere

ok so little back ground I know i like guys and I relay like this one guy who is the very best in teh world and is a good friend of mine and he has a girl friend D: but we where talking today and he siad he thaught he was gay in march and he dosne;t knwo abotu me but I relay want to tell him. I think he suspects but I'm nto sure so i need advice as to how to approach this cool and hott but serious and how cna i get him to like me back?

2. olides84

Well your out status says 'mom, dad, friends, and (w)hole grade' - so if this guy is a good friend why not come out to him too. Especially if he just opened up to you about his confusion. From there, at least he knows. You could also tell him that you are trying to find other gay guys to have a friendship with (maybe a bf? you didn't say). That would also open to door to him. Do those things and give it a little time - don't necessarily come out that you 'like' him right away. But in the end it's up to him as he's got a girlfriend right now.

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can't make him like you back. Unfortunately, the world doesn't work that way. Also, if he's taken, he's out of bounds.
    But if he's told you about his own sexuality, he'd probably be open to hearing about yours - if you can get him on his own, you could say something like "You know when you told me a while back that you thought you might be gay? What would you think if I told you I'm thinking the same thing about myself?"
    What do you expect that coming out to him will achieve? If you're thinking that it's because you want to be honest with him as a friend, that's great, but if you only want to do it because you're hoping that he'll break up with his girlfriend and start going out with you, that might not be so good an idea, because there's a good chance that he won't.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can't make him like you back. That'll be totally up to him. But if he doesn't know you're gay - for sure - then there's zero chance that he'll make a play for you. If he does know, there's at least the chance.

Lex

5. pianolover95

aha you're lucky your situation has hope. like firecausesburns said though, tell him for the right reasons.