1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

room-mate?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fallendream, Jun 8, 2009.

1. fallendream

on friday/saturday i am going to london on a school reward trip, the school has asked i partner with a 'loner' boy in my year for the room-mate thing, which basically means sleeping in the same room with him, are there any rules to follow/things i should keep in mind?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. Try to retrain yourself to leave the room when you gotta fart.
    2. Give him some "alone time" in the room - study or read in the library or somewhere else.
    3. Don't masturbate if he's in the room. If he's gone to sleep, give him fifteen minutes before you start. If you're in bunk beds, skip it.
    4. If you snore, try to arrange your sleep schedule so he falls asleep before you.
    5. Assume nothing is "public domain". His stuff is his stuff. Don't read his books, look at his computer, nothing. This is ESPECIALLY true of food items. Just because he offered you a cookie from his box yesterday doesn't mean that you're now free to have a cookie from the box whenever you want one. Be gracious in letting him borrow stuff, but try to keep your borrowing to a minimum.
    6. Feel free to decorate your side of the room as you see fit, but do take his tastes into consideration. Not every straight guy is going to feel comfortable with a Jonas Brothers poster on the wall. Stick with stuff you both feel comfortable with.
    7. The good Lord invented headphones for a reason. Use them.
    8. Feel free to strike up a friendship, but don't force it on him. If he doesn't really seem to want to open up much, or hang out that often, respect that.

Lex

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but in general, I'd say don't treat it any differently than you'd treat sleeping in the same room with anyone else you don't know.

In other words, it's probably best not to prance around the room naked, masturbate in his presence, rip his clothes off while he's sleeping (or while he's awake, for that matter!) and in general just be respectful :slight_smile:

(Edit: Oops, Lex posted while I was posting. His advice is better and more compiete than mine.)

4. Alex19

um... should there b things to keep in mind? all your doing is sharing a room. just stay respectful and be nice to him. mayb youll make a new friend out of all of it.

5. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I'd follow Lex's advice. Don't do things you wouldn't normally do if you had company. Don't beat your meat, run around in whitey tidys, or fart and burp obnoxiously. While some guys dig it and make game of it, other's don't. I myself being one of those few who don't enjoy the ambiance. Be friendly, inviting, but not forceful and I think you might make a good friend. And if you get alone time, try to share a few secrets (you first) to see if you can open his shell up. :slight_smile:

That doesn't mean to play gay chicken either.
    (lol xD Who else played this as a kid?)

6. fallendream

whats gay chicken?

we played chicken on who moved away from cars in the road fastest lost...'till someone got run over...twice