1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Force Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jack2009, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I need some help, since last hour I came home to find out that my mother keylogg the computer, and is asking me (forcing me almost; since she doesn't believe it) that I'm gay. I'm disturbed by this because I wasn't ready for this. She also said it aloud with my grandma and brother. I feel disgusted by this invasion of privacy. They said it's okay that I'm gay... I told them I'm not gay. They don't believe it, and I'm upset I don't have control over this.

Any advice?

2. Fiorino

TELL THEM THE TRUTH.

Seriously, they caught you red handed, and they said it's ok.

Take the plunge.
    (*hug*)

3. Kirakishou

I agree, this is your chance. I don't think you'll be able to convince them otherwise anyways.
    It is an invasion of privacy and make sure you tell her clearly that you are unhappy with what she did, too.

4. Zach

It sucks that you were caught by a key logger program, but why fight it. They already know and seem to be willing to accept you. I know from my own experence (I confided in my sister...and she blabbed) the feeling of having no control over who knows my out status. At first I denied it to a few family members and friends.... but after a few days I got more comfortable, and I decided to admit it to anyone who asked me. :thumbsup:

5. lostinthought9

I'm sorry to hear that. BUT on the bright side, they're being very accepting. I would tell the truth and come out.

Good Luck and let us know how everything turns out!!

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have two options.

1. Deny deny deny. Deny it to the ends of the earth. Get indignant that they'd even think that you were gay. Then, later on in life, tell them you weren't telling the truth about being gay.

2. Admit it, but ask why they had used a keylogger to find out instead of just asking you.

Lex

7. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Lexington I'm probably going to come out more fully now, they have the websites I visited (I'm on my iPod so this is safe).

And they said I was always depress and too private. But she told me she still love me and all, but I'm more angry on how this happen. I wasn't ready to be out, but there's nothing much I can do now.

8. Mickey

Go for it! And...all the best to you.

9. Kirakishou

Well, try to look on the bright side, this could help you to become more comfortable in coming out to more people.(*hug*)

10. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Well at least you don't have to go through the trouble of coming out. :roflmao:

Well it seems your mom was only worried and that's a good thing. They seem pretty supportive and really, there's nothing to be 'ready' for. :slight_smile: You're still the same ol you. It's not like you're going to grow lady lumps or get your man bits chopped off. Same you, new shade. :thumbsup:

11. Glunn11

This is similar to how I was able to leave the church I was going to. I had a note in my pocket about how much I hated it, and my mom violated my privacy and read it.
    In the end, I'm glad she violated my privacy, but I completely understand your frustration. I just have to agree with the other members of the board. You've got nothing to lose, and they sound very supportive of you.

12. Greggers

Whooooa, your mother is a keylogger??!?!?! :O

If my mother keylogged my computer on me i would be so scared of her for the rest of my days...

But yea, just admit it. They know your gay dude. You cant deny it once they have a list of gay themed sites you visit. Thats like denying you have brown hair if you have brown hair. Everyone can see that your lieing.

13. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say the cat's out of the bag, so just go for it. But at the end of the conversation, you can tell her that having the keylogger is an enormous violation of your privacy, and you feel extremely violated and that you can't trust her at all, and that it will take a long time to win back that trust.

A little guilt may go a long way and cause her to think twice before violating your privacy again... but even so, I would still be enormously careful. If you're a computer guru type (or willing to become one) and have your own machine, consider learning about and installing Ubuntu Linux which is easy to use and much more secure than crappy Windows... and has the added plus that most of the snoop programs aren't available for Linux. :slight_smile:

14. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Invasion of privacy sucks yes, but your family is saying they're okay with you being gay! Don't deny it, just let them know and everything will be fine, but just say you didnt' like your privacy being invaded that's all...

15. olides84

Hey, since you say that you just aren't ready for this, maybe you could say something to your family like: "Yeah, I'm questioning my sexuality. But I really just need some time to figure things out myself and accept it. So while I appreciate your support, I really do, I'd like some privacy in the future." Good luck!

16. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sucks being outed in such a way. But unfortunately flat-out denying isn't going to work here.

But if you don't feel comfortable talking to them about this, you could always tell them they found you out before you were fully at ease with it and ask them not to bring it up until you decide you're ready to talk about it.
    And you could make it very clear how you feel being spied upon. Even if they did it because they wanted to help, it's still wrong!

17. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Unless I dye it blonde, but roots would always be showing. I am avoiding the situation until the weekend or it comes up again.

All the websites are in the shadow on the gay ones I think.