1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody ever had the same thoughts ?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by troubled153, Jun 9, 2009.

1. troubled153

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I reliii don't know what to doo,, i have been in these really wierd moods lately and i don't know why. But i keep thinkin i don't want to be here and that i want to commit suicide and everything, but im to scared to actuali do it.

Am i on my own with these thoughts ?

Why am i thinking this ?

2. Greggers

Depression, methinks?

The first thing you can do is talk to people about it. Either go into more detail with us on EC (Welcome to EC btw :slight_smile:) or talk to a close friend or family member in real life. The more details you give us though, the more advice we can give back. Just that your having mood issues and suicidal thoughts is not alot to go on :frowning2: Many things can cause these problems.

So dont feel ashamed to open up (*hug*) Is there any particular reason for these problems? When did it begin to start? Does anyone else know? Do you think you know the root of the problems? Does anything make them better? Have you seen a doctor yet? Things like this will help us help you honey :slight_smile:

Feel free to post on my wall if you want to talk 1 on 1.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Welcome to EC! (*hug*)

I think it would be good if you could seek some help by way of seeing a counselor. Are you in school? Maybe try seeing a counselor there if you school has one. You could also try seeing a councilor outside of school. If this is not an option, than maybe try talking to your doctor, so that he could perhaps refer you to someone. Please talk to someone about your mood swings and the weird moods that you have been experiencing and that leave you with these kinds of feelings. Try to talk about the underlying causes of your mood swings.

Harming yourself in any way is never the answer to any of the issues/problems that you are facing or going on in your life. There is a part of you saying that there is a way out of it. A lot of the things that we are facing in life are only temporary and can be overcome. I don't know the kinds of things you are dealing with, but in trying to overcome issues/problems that you are facing, you are never alone. Often times things become overwhelming and we get consumed by it, and forget to take a step back and to take a second look at what is happening.

Seek help from someone, such as friends, teachers, and/or a counselor. Somewhere within you, you know that you can overcome what ever makes you feel this way. Even if it is just the need to talk about something that has been bugging you do that. Call a friend and just ask, 'can we talk?' Sometimes, getting that out in the open, lets you to put a few things back together.

You know that there is an alternative path. Take that path, and seek help. (*hug*)

#3 Mirko, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  4. BasketCase

I've thought like that and it was quite recently.

Its a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I've never tried it since I was in my pre-teens.

5. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's hard to know how to help u without a bit more information of the situation you are in. As Asteroid said, if you have someone you can talk to, talk to them. Either a counselor at school or a family member or a friend. If you don't want to reveal that you're feeling suicidal then just tell them a few things that are bothering you. I had similar feelings when I was younger and didn't tell anyone, it was a very painful experience and I wish I had someone to talk to. They'll be people around you who want to help you, you're not alone, and feel free to talk to us on EC.

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I first started thinking I was gay, I did think about suicide. It wasn’t just the fact that I was gay, but a lot of other issues. So, no you’re not alone, but killing (or even hurting) yourself is not the answer.
    I know this might seem like a text book answer, but I’m worried about how you think you’re a coward because you can’t hurt yourself. Showing that you’re choosing to not end things and stick around shows that you have courage, maybe more then you realized you had.

Like everyone else said, talk to someone…even if it is just a friend or here on the site.
    Believe me I know what it feels like to be overwhelmed, and killing yourself can seem like such an easy out, but you’re afraid it will hurt, or you’ll fail.
    This is not the answer. You’ll hurt the people who care about you more then you could possibly know by doing something stupid.

7. Pasalacqua

I used to be like that, I still get like that on occasion.
    Is it purely linked to your sexuality, or are there other reasons behind it?

8. Jim1454

Life can be really overwhelming at times. Those of us here that have had to deal with our sexual orienitation ON TOP of all the other challenges that life throws at us can relate to feeling lost, and alone, and really overwhelmed at one time or another.

And when those emotions build up, and we don't share them with anyone, they become larger than life in our heads. So large and overwhelming that we start to see 'ending it all' as a justifyable solution.

Letting some of these things out 'into the light' can reduce the power they have over us. They become less scary and less overwhelming if we share them with someone else.

Working with a counsellor or therapist of some kind would be a really good idea. I know it worked for me.

Just remember that you're NEVER really alone. There's always someone to talk to about how you're feeling. And if it gets really bad, please be sure to talk to someone on a crisis line. They can help you put things in perspective. But don't let it get to that point. Make plans to meet with someone right away to get whatever is bothering you 'off your chest'.

Good luck - and welcome to EC! As a moderator here, feel free to send me a private message if you want to 'chat' one on one.