1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I talk to him?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kryz, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Kryz

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for reading, first some background.

So, as you may or [most likely] may not know, someone new moved next door.

This someone is actually two persons, the mom, and him.

This him is V cute and I like him very much.
    I've only seen him ONCE, well twice; once in the dark I just saw his siloute, and the time I actually saw him, he was fixing his outdoor light. He looks like a really nice person, I smiled at him, he smiled back... *sigh*

The thing is, he has been my neighbor for like 3 weeks now, but I almost never see him coz I'm barely home, and get back too late from school.
    I actually feel like a stalker now, I've realized he sometimes he also comes late, and I even go walk the dog [I WALK THE FRKN DOG, FOR GOD'S SAKE] to see if we "accidentaly" run into each other. And every time his door sounds like opening I try to look if it's him or his mum. -_-'

So, the plan is: I see him again, I ACTUALLY talk to him, ask his name and other stuff such as age ocupation and so...

But after that? how do I keep talking to him?
    I've tought about a tousand ways, but IDK, HELP PLEASE.

Stuff I've tought about:

*knock knock* You busy? Excuse me, but I need a little help with... [I can't think of anything I might need help with...]

*knock knock* You busy? The thing is I made/cooked this, and think it's too much for myself, you want some? [Again, can't think of anything I can make or cook]

*knock knock* You busy? I am just extremely boring, thought I'd play some guitar hero/some video game on the PS3, and well thought you might also be bored and would like to join me... [Straight forward much?]

Your thoughts on this? Some other plan? PLEASE HELP! :help:

2. Just Adam

hmmm i would say main thing is talk to him... have you done the welcome neighbour thing? where you go next door and say hi and introduce yourself and if theres anything you need just come ask.... its a good chance to be a little flirty just try and time it for when the mums gone out and hes on his own...not to stalkerish but you dont want her answering the door :slight_smile:

after you build a friendship:slight_smile: then perhaps invite him along to some place y ou go to hang out or go for fun lol under the disguise of your new fancy seeing it? :slight_smile:

i know its not much of a help but its all i can think of

3. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Since you live in Mexico, I don't know their culture but you might try as the above poster said and do a "Welcome to the Neighborhood" dish. So that might fly. But I can understand your frustration and fear.

Option 1 (Excuse me need help) might come off as too fake or clingy and you might scare him away.

Option 2 (you busy?) That one would definitely be a little weird...at least around here. People don't seem to do that unless they've known each other already.

Option 3 is the best one. Directness like that might work wonders. I think this is probably second best to a welcoming dish.

But try going over with a welcoming dish and offering to play Guitar Hero! :slight_smile: That sounds like a instant winner~

4. Just Adam

maybe not guitar hero though lol thats upto you though

5. Eleanor Rigby

I completly agree with Enigma idea : going over with a welcoming dish and offering to play whatever video game you want sound nice.
    I even can send you my own secret weapon recipy for cookies if you want :wink:

6. djt820

Make sure he isnt a guitarist first before you ask him to play guitar hero.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Take him a plate of cookies or a little cake or something. It's a very "neighborly" thing to do, hopefully you get a chance to talk with him a little, and maybe find something innocuous to do (go to a baseball game with him and his mom, or go bowling with him and another friend, or invite him when you and your other friends are doing something together.)

8. Kryz

Well the welcoming dish sounds like a VERY good idea. Except for the fact that it would be really weird to be done here, it's NEVER actually done unfortunately (sp?). But maybe just like a

"Hi, my name is, my mom is... blah blah blah, anything you need, ANYTHING. Maybe you wanna get distracted, play some video game... maybe now?"

I just don't know if go knock the door and just throw up all this would be a good idea....

9. Alexander

Well, it's just going to get more and more awkward the longer you wait.