1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glabrjargh. Confusing emotions. :]

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Alexander, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Alexander

So. There is this guy.

I like him as a friend, and really admire and look up to him. However whenever I talk to him I act terribly awkward and blush a lot etcetera, and people assume I have a crush on him. But I don't! I've had crushes before and those are way different. I don't want to be with him or even sleep with him. I just really like the person he is. This has happened before to me, with another guy who was sort of my gay role model when I was littler and was still figuring myself out. And I don't know, I am really more comfortable with women, so I don't have very many guy friends. But I do have one other guy friend who I'm pretty close to and admire, and I've never been awkward around him.

So dear readers, perhaps you can try to logic this all out and explain it to me. Anyone up for it? Thank you in advance. :]

2. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

There are some people that I get all awkward and blushy around for absolutely no reason. If you don't like him then don't think about it. If others think you have a crush on him simply tell them you do not. If they don't believe you well screw them, they don't have to believe you for it to be true. It's annoying but you're just going to have to ignore them.

3. marri

oh I've been there, actually I'm there now :slight_smile: I have a friend that I just think is really great or admirable and I get awkward and feel pressured to act ''cool'' around her, but I know its no crush, and I have no desire to have a physical relationship with her

4. echapper

I'd say that your blushing and etcetera because of stress. Now all you have to figure out is what causes the stress. Is it not wanting for others think you have a crush on this guy? It puts pressure on you and you start acting weird. One way you could get past this is by saying (to yourself?) - so what if I had a crush on this guy? It's no big deal.

Or just don't pay attention to it. You're acting weird, so what? Everyone does that sometimes :wink:

5. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

With certain guys, I do the same thing. I forget they're just guys but instead I idolize them. I look up to them as figures, as one looks to Gandhi or MLK. I forget that they're real people. I dunno what causes this either but truly, I think it may be a crush. It happens from time to time.