1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't understand

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by marri, Jun 10, 2009.

1. marri

I was at my friend, Christina's, appartment today (who I have a mini secret crush on) with her and her boyfriend, Jordy, and her boyfriend showed me a ''music'' video of skin heads beating homosexuals.

Christina is nothing like him so I don't understand how shes with him, in any way, but even more than that I don't understand his sort of hatred.

he didn't make me feel bad about myself, he just made me feel bad, and I went home as soon as I could get away.

2. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What kind of video is that? That's sick... Why would he hate gay people that why?

Why would those "extras" participate in that, I bet they weren't even gay.

Either he is angry towards gays or just think gay people are subhuman which is sick too.

#2 Jack2009, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  3. moirai

thats just sick and unnecessary.
    im sorry he showed you that

4. GhostDog

Was she there when he showed you the video? You might mention to her that it made you uncomfortable, or concerned that he'd be watching something like that. =/ I can't imagine anyone who'd watch videos of anyone being beaten and react in any way other than "oh my god that is horrible, why would people do that?" (and show them to other people) being any part of an actual healthy relationship.

It's... concerning, to say the least. =/

5. Starshine16

Sounds like Christina's boyfriend is a sick S.O.B.

6. Mickey

Just ignore him,he's an asshole! And,you should talk to your friend. I'd be concerned for her well being! Who knows what else he's thinking?

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Often hatred is build on ignorance and it exists because people often lack education about homosexuality. Moreover, hatred is also build on a perverted ideology that sees itself as being superior to everybody else. There is only one 'people' that are the best and that is 'us.' No one else measures up so to speak. Who doesn't measure up? Ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and homosexuals. The sad thing and problem is that there are people who watch this sort of stuff and even support them. It only encourages them to continue making these kinds of videos/music. I don't get it why anyone would watch this.

I think it's good that you didn't stick around. Maybe in the future, just hang out with your friend without her boyfriend.

#7 Mirko, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  8. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be angry is easy. It takes much less effort to just write something off as wrong then to make the effort to get to know a culture or different way of thinking.

Capt. Kirk: “It’s in my experience that the prejudice people feel toward one another, go away when they to know each other.”

:tantrum:

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, what did he say when he showed you the video. "Isn't this awful?" or "Isn't this cool?" Was Christina there? What did she say? If she wasn't there, maybe you should just tell her that. "Bob showed me this music video of skinheads beating up gays. It was disgusting."

Lex

10. marri

well they were both in the room, she apparently had seen it before and he was laughing, im not sure whether or not it was at me, because he doesn't know about my gayness, as far as I know.

and christina knows how he is, thats what I don't get about her, when I got the chance I told her I felt uncomfortable and she said ''you think YOU feel uncomfortable?" and she told me she ''hates the way he aacts around friends''
    .... if she's putting herself through this, there's not much I can do, I've tried, he concerns me quite a bit

11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I agree with Mickey! If he thinks that type of thing is funny, he's got a problem!

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>she said ''you think YOU feel uncomfortable?" and she told me she ''hates the way he aacts around friends''

"Um, then maybe you should say something. Like 'why do you act like this around my friends?'."

Lex

13. I thnik he is a sick bastard. I know people that do not truely hate any race, gender, sexuality, etc...maybe a few religious beliefs though....but act like assholes around certain people just to get a reaction! :rolleyes::icon_sad:

He could be one of those people, but i dont know him like you or his girlfriend do either; just throwing my two sense in.
    Either way, if he is against homosexuality or is just an attention whore he needs to GROW UP!