1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The bible's stand against gay sex bothered me during the sex

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SideEffects, Jun 12, 2009.

1. SideEffects

He was giving me a handjob while we were making out... but then I had to stop cause I was distracted with what the bible says about sex and how it's the gateway to hell.

I thought I was WAY past that but apparently not. :frowning2: I do believe in God so I'm scared about this stuff. I tell myself that pre-martial sex is also "wrong" to the bible and everyone does it but it's probably not as bad...

And does it even count as sex? Cause if it was, that was my first time. Not sure if it was. I didn't come on purpose but I think there was pre-cum. Or my second cause there I've already been in the middle of oral sex before and stopped cause the guy was a real asshole and I decided not to let it slide eventually.

2. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

And it also says that God loves all his children.

3. SideEffects

That would also be true for Hitler then...

4. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This bother me a bit because I'm all for waiting for marriage but the cruel joke is that gay guys can't get married in the Catholic church.

5. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Hem hem. I am going to preface this with declaring that I don't believe in God. In fact, I dislike religion quite a bit. But I will take a moment and hop over to your side of the fence to help explain to you why, if there was an all-knowing and all-loving God, he would not condemn to burn in Hell forever.

First, let us place the bible passage (that I'm sure you are referring to) into context.
    Aw shucks. It looks like God is pissed off. But wait, what else does He say in Leviticus?

Oh shit! I bet you cut your hair.

Hot dog! I can't have seafood either? But I love popcorn shrimp.

There are plenty more "abomination" passages in the bible and really, when you stop and use reason, it becomes clear that we do not follow these rules anymore. When the bible was created, I believe the men who wrote it wanted to increase the population of their tribe/clan/group of relatives. Since Biology was poorly understood, it was believe that "wasting your seed" was detrimental to fertility (hence why they banned masterbation). Thus, having sex with another man would not increase the amount of children being born. Less children means less workers and less warriors should a battle arise. Also, forcing people to feel shame and making people want to repent is a powerful thing indeed.

That's the thing about the bible and any rational Christian will agree: The bible is not as valid today as it apparently was when it was written.

Calm down. Don't worry. God is not coming for your soul because you did something that feels natural to you. You harmed no one and you should not feel ashamed of yourself. Do not let any religious leader trick you into believing you are somehow dirty and unclean. Homosexuality is not a sin, it is not an abomination.

Although most Christians seem to disagree, I believe that no matter what your "sin" He would never send down an eternal punishment for a finite crime. If he is truly a loving God, he will be just and fair in his judgement. And no one can say that burning FOREVER is ever justified even for the most heinous of "sins".

If you ever want to talk about the inaccuracies of the bible or you feel like exploring atheism, write on my wall and we can have a nice non-threatening chat about it.

#5 Numfarh, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2009
  6. SirBoobalot

Decide what you believe. :slight_smile:

I believe that the reason pre-marital sex is condemned in the Bible is because, at that time, it was harmful to others - no condoms means babies with no family to look after them, bring them up. And what right has a person to cause suffering and a bad life to a kid just so they can get off?
    As such, I have no problem with having sex with either gender, as long as I'm safe; and I know God doesn't either.

If you believe that pre-marital sex is condemned for some other reason; what reason is that? God isn't irrational, he doesn't make stupid laws just for fun - if God says something, there's a reason behind it, and you have a brain to work out what that reason most likely is. If you come to a conclusion that applies this rule to every situation, no matter what, then yup, you did wrong. But, if you come to a more relativistic conclusion - that this rule applies to some situations, dependant on how they interact with the principle and intent of the rule; then maybe you did wrong and maybe you didn't. You have to work it out, no-one else can tell you. :slight_smile:

7. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

8. AgentS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What I am about to say is biased because I strongly dislike religion, but as Butters said on South Park "Well if God made me bi-curious, then he must be a little bi-curious himself!" (I hope that helps a little)

9. Emberstone

just remeber, the bible was written by human beings. the church choose what to include in it, and what they choose is filled to the brim with contradicting rules.

just remeber this, jesus rejects leviticus, and contrary to what uneducated fundementalist christians say, jesus never speaks out against homosexuality.

10. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

You should take the bible for what it is, a fictional book, and nothing more.

11. ANightDude

Well I don't take the bible as fiction, I am not "religious" (I have my own opinion on church and whatnot), but Jesus never spoke out about homosexuality. I'm sure if there is a God, he's changed with the times on Earth. No worries.

12. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Just so were clear on what fiction means

:wink:
    About as much truth in the bible as there is in harry potter :slight_smile:

13. ANightDude

Well we differ there. I would say I'm borderline normal christian, I don't think the bible is very important when it comes to my way of religion. Lol.

I enjoy Harry Potter more than the bible, though.

14. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Some people 'take' the bible as fact, when they clearly can't.

And of course you enjoy harry potter more, its a much better written story (if thats even proper grammar)

15. ANightDude

Okay, let's not make this some weirdo discussion. I don't really take it as fact, though it has true historical events inside, that's more or less what I meant. :slight_smile:

16. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Not weird at all. My point is, there not truly historical, there completely fabricated. Virgin mary, just to start with the most ridiculous :wink:

17. ANightDude

I mean Moses, Noah's Ark, etc, that all did really happen with or without God. Idk about Virgin Mary, she's a weird one. :lol:

18. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

LMFAO. Parted a whole ocean ay. Like i said man, about as much truth in the bible as Harry Potter. Harry potter is actually more believable.

19. ANightDude

The Jews being let out of Egypt. That happened. The Red sea thing, idk.

20. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Like i'm trying to tell you, if they have those moronic stories in there as facts, can you really believe anything else in there? Hence why most people understand it is just a fictional book, and just take the 'morals' from it and use for their religion. Of course, the problem is when people take the whole bible literally, which is what the issue is with the OP, worrying about something that should really have no effect on any person in the real world :slight_smile: