1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm falling in love with a girl ...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dare2bProud, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Dare2bProud

I don't know. I think I'm falling for my best friend's sister. She seems to understand me in a very weird way. Lately we've been joking about getting married, we've kissed on an occasion but its just been for fun. I can't stop thinking about her. I've never been with a girl before, I've never been with a man. I know I'm attracted to men, but I've also been attracted to women. Its confusing. I don't want to hurt her, i've hurt girls before. I've hurt them by telling them I was attracted to men. I'm not sure what to do. I hate getting in this situation.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! If you are developing feelings for her, maybe there is more to you then 'just' being gay? Do you feel a physical attraction to her? Or is it just at an emotional level? Always keep in mind that we do can have different levels of attraction to different people.

Given that you never had a relationship with a girl or a guy, maybe there is a part of you that wants to explore how a relationship with a girl would be. As you don't want to hurt her, maybe keep talking to her for now and see where it leads you. Try to have some more meaningful conversation with her. As you get to know her better, you will learn as to whether these feelings that you do have for her are real.

Give it a try and see how it goes. Feelings can change over time. Go with what ever feels right for you. Yeah it is hard and it does often evolve emotional roller coaster rides but the only way you will find out is by trying to find answers to your feelings that you do have.

(*hug*)

3. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, if you fee yourself falling for her, why would you necessarily keep seeing yourself as someone who's only attracted to men?
    If you really feel a physical and/or emotional attraction, perhaps that proves that in some circumstances (perhaps very rarely) you can be bi as well.

You shouldn't feel guilt in not being 100% attracted for men. The gay mafia isn't going to come and trash your house if you ever fall for a girl, you know :icon_wink

I agree with Asteroid. Just take it as it is, spend time with her, and see where it leads.

4. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    I agree with all of the above theres no rule you must be 100% attracted to men love is love either way don't deny yourself happiness with this girl cause you feel attracted to men aswell many people feel this way about both sexes

5. I had the same exact thing happen. She knew I was gay but she had a crush on me for a while, and I kind of did too but I didn't say anything. However she's one of my best friends so I didn't want to mess that up. I eventually got passed it.

6. mattblack

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'd say not to worry about it too much....your body and mind will have an instinct about what they want, and something big will happen or it won't...maybe something small will happen or it won't. Just try and be as honest as you can with yourself and with her. Hell, at least she knows you've decided you're gay...this would be a much trickier situation to be in if you both thought you were straight.

As scary as it is to have to go through this question again, you'll learn something about yourself along the way and that's as good a reason as any to leave yourself open to whatever happens.

7. Jim1454

You can't hurt someone if you're open and honest with them up front. Perhaps she should know that you're attracted to her, as well as men. Then she knows what she's getting in to rather than you having to 'break something to her' later on.

Having a relationship with a woman might not be a bad idea... There's no harm in trying it as long as you're sincere.