1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need "moving out for the first time/future plans" advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicIsLife, Jun 16, 2009.

1. MusicIsLife

okayso, I just wanna know if this sounds like a good plan.

Me and my friend, lets call her "M" are planning to move in together.

And heres my "plan" for the next few years.

Work full time at Chapters, the bookstore i currently work at. At the moment I work part time, and ive been asking for full time for the past 2 years.

After I turn 21 apply as a part time mature student at concordia university

work towards some kind of degree, and when i have the money and inventory in a few years, work on opening my own used bookstore.

I genuinely would not care if I worked at chapters for the rest of my life. A lot of my coworkers HATE it there cause of the management or pay or whatever else, but i really enjoy it.

So, yeah. does this sound like an okay plan?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>Work full time at Chapters, the bookstore i currently work at. At the moment I work parttime, and ive been asking for full time for the past 2 years.

Have they said yes now?

Feel free to long-term plan, but keep your options open. A lot can happen in a few months. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Have to agree with Lex! Your plans seem to hinge on you getting the full time position at Chapters. Is that full time position for certain? Maybe have a backup plan. Put your 'feeliers' out and maybe look into working at other bookstores that might be willing to hire you full time as well.

Also, your university commitments in terms of your academic work and the kind of degree that you are pursing might also have an impact on your future plans. Maybe have that in place as well.

4. MusicIsLife

its not for certain yet, im putting in my application for full time tomorrow.

5. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well the plan sounds like a working plan as of now, but I really don't think you should rely on anything, so the college option is probably the best way. It will guarantee more stability.

If you're 100% content with this job, and choice then do it! However if you're doubting this is it, then I think you should think it over a bit. You're still young, and making huge life decisions is important.

Once you decide don't look back. So think everything through.

6. Dare2bProud

I think your plan is good, but like many people have mentioned if the CHAPTERS job seems to be making that decision for you. What if you don't get a full time position? Are you going to hold another part time position somewhere?