1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New girl trouble

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by epiphanies, Jun 17, 2009.

1. epiphanies

Alright, I've been talking to this girl for 3 weeks now. We've essentially gone on 4 dates (3 were at her house.) Well, Saturday night she had a lil gathering for her bday on Sunday. It ended up just being me and her guy friend. Everything was fine, we kissed a few times, made out when no one was in the room. We watched a couple movies, she fell asleep leaning on my shoulder. Around 2 we went to sleep. Her friend took the couch and I slept in her bed w/ her. Nothing happened, very innocent. Sunday morning we got up, lounged around for a while, then she walked me to my car. We hugged and talked about getting together some time this week. She kissed me on the cheek, said "text me", then we went our separate ways. Then things got weird.

Sunday she went to her cousin's grad party. I texted her asking how the party was going, but she never replied. Monday we texted maybe twice, yesterday was the same way. I said "Is everything ok? You've been pretty quiet lately." She never responded to that. Later last night we exchanged a couple texts while she was working. I sent her one around midnight asking if she was still up, but she never replied. I haven't talked to her since.

This normally wouldn't be that big of a deal, but we were texting all day every day, and then every night talking on the phone for 30-40 minutes. Now I barely get a peep out of her. I don't know whether I should try to get ahold of her again, try to call her, or wait for her to talk to me. I am really starting to like this girl, but she's acting weird now. I don't know what to do.

2. katherine20

It sounds to me that your dating had started to be pretty intense, i mean based on the frequency of texting/calling... So maybe she just needs a little time to breath and to take it slower. I had a similar experience, but I was in the position of your date. This girl i had dated for about 1 or 2 weeks kept texting me all the time, and showing a little too enthusiastic, which kind of killed my interest in her. I only rarely answered her, and only something very neutral and not excited. I know I was probably very mean, but I just needed space. It's often the absence of someone that makes you realise wether we like them, and if you don't give her that absence she might grow tired of your eagerness.. I'd advise you to cool it for a while, let her contact you first. I know the waiting is HORRIBLE but it's usually totally worth it. If she likes you she'll no doubt text or call you:slight_smile:

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say use the phone for its intended use. Call her. You'll probably end up leaving a message, but that's fine - do it. Just say, "Hey, haven't really talked to you since this weekend. Hope everything's OK. Had a great time on Saturday, and hope we can get together again soon. You're probably just a bit slammed right now, but give me a call when you get a sec, OK? Bye."

There. The ball is completely and solely in her court, and she'll contact you when she has time and the inclination.

Lex