1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Public Kissing

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jack2009, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't have a boyfriend yet, but how do you handle public kissing. And holding hands.

It's just a normal kiss like ones straight couples would do in public.

2. Tim

Tim

No boyfriend here, but there were 2 girls today that came into the Food Bank, and they kissed, no one even batted an eye :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Just Adam

kissing dunno never been one for kissing in public i think holding hands is a bit to much pda as it is :S

but some like it thats ok if i got kissed i wouldent object...just walk a bit wuicker afterwards when people start looking haha

4. EM68

I have given my bf a quick kiss on the lips when we say good night in the parking lot of my condo. Its not a big complex but for me its a big step.

5. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I disapprove of extreme public displays of affection, whether it's gay, straight, whatever. I admit that I was always worried about how people would react in public, but when that moment came the last thing on my mind was what other people were thinking. You end up being that happy that everybody else can get fucked. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It's easy to worry about now, but when you're in the situation you're to in the moment to let other people bother you.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My now ex-boyfriend :slight_smile:() hated pdas. I would only ever be able to hold his hand in the bedroom even, like even in his own house he would only kiss or hold hands when we were in the bedroom. I mean we cuddled once on the couch with his roomies around, but I don't even think he was comfortable. It's one thing in public but to be uncomfortable in your own house when you're out is a little silly imo. Personally I don't find holding hands bad, I mean I see about 90% of straight couples doin it, why couldn't I? As for kissing, I think like a peck on the cheek or quick peck on the lips is ok, just not so much making out in public, I mean that can be reserved for your home or better yet the bedroom.

7. AXavierB

I don't generally like PDAs. I mean, a little peck or hug is OK, but I hate seeing people making out in public. Those things should be done in private... and it makes me feel jealous. ^^;

For some reason I don't understand, I've always been weirded out by seeing two guys holding hands. I don't know why I feel that way.

8. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I see nothing wrong with a simple kiss in public or holding hands while walking. It is gross to see two people of any orientation doing anything beyond that while people are trying to continue on throughout the day around them. Where I live I would get stoned to death if I even looked at a guy for too long, much less did any sort of affectionate display in public.

9. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I need to go there someday.

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Neither of us is that into PDAs, which makes things easier. If my partner really liked holding hands and kissing in public, I probably would force myself to do it more (and probably would've gotten a lot better at it by now!). As it is, we send each other weird silent signals that we've developed over the years that mean "I love you". We hold off on the public kisses for special occasions - like New Year's Eve or Colorado Mammoth playoff victories. :grin:

Lex

11. someguy82

I'm not big on pda, but if I like a guy you can damn well bet I'm going to hold his hands and kiss him in public. That said I'm a pretty big intimidating guy so no one is going to do a god damn thing to me.

The best answer is to just go with what feels comfortable.

12. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ^ You don't look like that intimidating.

:slight_smile:

13. someguy82

Yeah normally keep a full beard, and I have a football player build, which you can't really see in that picture lol.

14. djt820

I absolutely fucking HATE PDAs!!! A small kiss goodbye is ok, maybe even holding hands for a while but people go beyond whats appropriate. Gay or straight.

15. KnightAssassin

ehhh seeing as how i made out with my boyfriend three times in public today i would say ... i do what i want ? lol it was fun.

16. Jim1454

My bf and I aren't into 'making out' in public. If we're in 'the village' here in Toronto (i.e. the gay area downtown) then we'll hold hands, walk with our arms around each other, and will kiss occassionally. If we're not in the 'gaybourhood' then not so much. We'll occassionally touch each other's shoulders or back or butt when we're out shopping but we don't hang off each other.

17. Shevanel

Kisses and things are fine in public I think. Sucking someone's face off in public, I don't think so? I mean, there IS some credibility to the line "Get a room!" seriously.

18. Pasalacqua

Before my girlfriend and I broke up, we'd kiss in school.
    Just like, a peck here or there, not like full on making out.
    I remember the one day, I walked her to her car, gave her a kiss, and this guy behind us just yells "HOLY SHIT, DID YOU SEE THAT? THOSE TWO CHICKS JUST MADE OUT."

Really.

19. RaRa

LOL.

In the "OMG now let's stone them" way or the "OMG do it again" way? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. Alex19

i dont care for pda's myself, but a little bit here and there is ok. the lesbians in my school would hold hands in the hallway and kiss- not make out- eachother goodbye when they had to go to classes. nobody cared. but i wish i had a bf at the time so that my school could have gotten used to 2 guys being like that with eachother.