1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it weird/wrong?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Time, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Time

I was wondering if you guys could give me some input on something I've been pondering for a couple weeks. Would it be weird, or maybe even sort of wrong, to contact some of the local gay/bi guys in my area? I was doing some searching on MySpace, and I found about 10 guys in my area that are gay or bi. Most are 18 or older, but a couple are 16. I realize that meeting the older ones is dangerous, and there's no way in hell I'm gonna do that, but I keep thinking that maybe it would be weird to send a message to some guy I don't know about orientation and stuff. I don't know...I just need some advice/input if you've got any. I don't even know how to go about doing this or what t osay. :eusa_doh:

2. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, 16 is a little old for you... all I can tell you is: be careful.

3. CrimsonThunder

Err are you looking for sex or just friends. Being a friend with a person 18 or older is fine. They have alot of good advice.

4. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Contacting them and chatting would be ok as far as I am concerned, but nothing beyond that. You are 13 and they 16 on up. That could cause a bit a trouble if you were to engage in any sexual encounter, legally and perhaps emotionally. But to have the contact with someone older and discuss things such as your feelings, doubts, hopes, etc. could prove to be helpful to you. As you say in your profile, you are not sure and are trying to figure it out. Take your time with it and don't rush anything, but it could be that being able to discuss things with someone will be helpful, and that is all you want to do at this stage of things, chat only. Do not meet up with anyone nor give them enough personal information for them to be able to seek you out. Likely you will have to change up the info on the Myspace as they push for far to much information given. Protect yourself with the personal information before contacting anyone.

5. Time

Thanks guys, especially JayHew. Very nice beneficial post, and I will definitely think about all of that. :slight_smile:

6. 24601

Alternatively, if you're looking for someone to talk to, there are many people on this board you can chat with through PMs or IM. So far I've met a lot of pretty cool people through here. Even the chat room is good.

7. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it's ever weird or wrong to want to have people to talk to. Obviously you just want to make sure you think through the implications of talking to someone online--how much you reveal, whether you ever meet with them... stuff like that.

Wanting human contact is a perfectly normal thing, especially if you have some reason to feel cut off from the people around you, which is a pretty standard thing, I think, if you have non-hetero feelings.