1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distracting crush

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Psychedelic Bookmarks, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Crap, I have a crush on my new Chinese teacher T-T

I've had two lessons with her but I can already feel it. I had a lesson today, and she looked really lovely, and half way through the lesson (which was really hard, one-to-one, and required every spare brain cell I had), my brain just froze and started screaming "She is really hot! Really hot! Really hot! Hot! Hot!", just when I was supposed to be listening to her read out a text. It was awful x(

I've got quite adept at ignoring pointless crushes by now, but this one is hard. I have a one to one lesson with her every few weeks, and I can't afford to let my brain go off like that again. Any handy hints?

2. sdc91

She's just a fish in a big ocean. You'll get over her in time.

Plus, there's a professional relationship. Don't botch that up.

3. silentsound

I know exactly what you're going through. I've struggled a lot this year with having a huge crush on my Spanish teacher for a variety of reasons. I don't know how much you like Chinese, but you may want to try to become really invested in it. What I did was try to focus on the subject matter really hard, and make her a function of that (if that makes any sense at all) that way you satisfy your crushing self through finding her through the material and you will do well and stay focused, which will ultimately make her proud of you and you happy. This was a pretty easy approach for me, mainly because I already love the Spanish language so much I want to have its babies, but it may work for you too.

#3 silentsound, Jun 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  4. Dewey

I completely understand! But I'm so glad that I've mostly gotten ugly teachers. Though here and there, there are some distracting teachers :/ and it sucks!!

5. Mickey

Other than ripping your eyes out,I would suggest you keep telling yourself,"She's out of bounds"!

6. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

I am super highly invested in Chinese already, so hopefully that will outweigh it pretty soon. That's why I was so annoyed when I found my brain fusing during the lesson. I really want to concentrate!