1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gays dont make sence..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Scentedcandle, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Scentedcandle

Agh!

At work the other day i walked into the cafe and two people were in there talking about gay people. Shes was all like i dont understand how anyone can be gay seeing the whole point in people being attracted to others is all to do with the natural want to reproduce. Shes all like gay people just dont make sence! People like her just make me angry

2. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

Yeah I don't really understand people kissing, it's not like you can actually make babies by mixing your saliva with someone else's!

3. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Well...

We DON'T make sense. At least from an evolutionary standpoint. You would think that over the course of the evolution of our species, we would no longer have traits that are not beneficial to to our survival. Since it's much more complicated than that, gays are still around. It's very interesting.

In any case, I don't think it matters whether or not we are biologically like this or what have you. We should be free to pick our partners even if it goes against the grain of society and social biology.

#3 Numfarh, Jun 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2009
  4. Emberstone

maybe gay people have evolved beyond the need to reproduce? maybe we are gay because we have developed as entities to no longer need our physical body, and when we die, we dont actually die, we just release our energy into the universe, becoming one with it. thats why more and more people are realizing their natural sexuality is not heterosexual, in part because the universe is becoming all the more totally fabuloso with the energy of our love.

heck, if they can claim the right to supress us based on their religious beliefs, lets make our own to show that we are infact closer to the ultimate truth or something.

5. SirBoobalot

It's alright. All that means is that this chick will never get to truly enjoy a shag on an intellectual level as well a physical one (and that of the Genetic Imperative... well.) :wink:

6. silentsound

Eh, I guess theoretically we don't make sense, but just because something doesn't make sense doesn't mean it's not real. But really, I've said it before and I will say it again, I really don't care what makes people gay and I think trying to figure it out is a waste of time. Ok, it doesn't make sense. Whatever... there are a lot of things that don't make sense in the world and we do just fine with them, why is this different?

7. Porphyrogenitus

Well, considering the unsustainable nature of population growth in the modern world, maybe limiting reproduction is actually necessary for long-term survival. I doubt if that's become at all manifest on a biological or evolutionary level, but it's still interesting, i suppose.

Anyway, we make just as much sense as condoms, and the pill, and people having sex for any reason other than to try and make children.

8. littledinosaurs

I'm pretty sure nobody understands how it happens.
    =P

9. Mickey

I think it IS because there are too many breeders out there and SOMEONE had to stop it. We just volunteered! (sarcasm!)

10. djt820

We are blessed, people. We dont have to deal with children.

11. Alexander

Unless we want to.

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't understand volunteers. I mean, the whole point of working is to make money, so volunteers just don't make any sense.

Lex

13. djt820

You dont know how wrong you are.

14. starfish

I've mentioned this before. But there is preliminary research that suggests that the cause of homosexuality in males causes promiscuity in females. From an evolutionary stand point promiscuity is very good, as it promotes a diverse genetic makeup of the population.

My personal belief is that homosexual, bisexuality, and transgender is the result of the architecture of the human body. Most notably the brain. The human body is very generic. Only a few small changes in genes and hormone levels during development determine all of our traits. Hormones play a very big role in how the brain works. We all see that every day. In men and women.

We all start out a females. Then during the certain in our development, males start growing a penis and the levels of male hormones increase. Now I am not an expert in human development. However I am an engineer and specialize in systems integration. The human body is nothing but a system of many smaller systems that work together. So think of the body and brain as 2 different systems that work together.

The attributes of both these systems are determined by their parameters during creation. So now there are 2 systems that don't quite mesh when integrated. In most deployments of the system this does not occur. Well most LGBT people body's work the same as the others. So that is not the first place I would look for the cause. So look at the brain. So there are 2 explanations for this. 1. The creation parameters were not correct. 2. There was is a defect during construction. Well most LGBT folks have a brain that works as well as everyone else's.

So that leads me to suspect the input parameters during creation. So far research tends to show a correlation between prenatal hormone levels and homosexuality. These hormones are one of the input parameters.

So we have a know variance and a know change in output.

So where am I going with this. Homosexuals, Bisexuals, and Transgender make perfect sense. In fact from a systems view, our existence is known and expected to occur.

15. starfish

I believe that sarcasm flag was set on his post.

16. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

While promiscuity is a good thing from a reproducing standpoint, promiscuity without the intent to reproduce (ie. with your own biological sex) is neither beneficial nor detrimental. However, it becomes detrimental when you will not mate with the opposing sex because you will NOT pass on your genes. Evolution has no ultimate goal. It's simply about who survives AND who reproduces. If you eliminate one of those, you are 'unfit'.

That being said, it makes sense to have something that increases sex drive. It does not make sense to have something that prevents you from having offspring. So the "slight change that is expected to happen" should happen, but it shouldn't be passed on. However, there is alot in genetics that we don't understand properly. And just because it doesn't make sense doesn't mean we are any less of human beings.

My point is that it should not matter how we came to be this way (save for scientific knowledge), it should only matter that we are happy.

Oh yeah. And the "we all are secret female-fetuses" is misleading. We are all neutral and at a certain point in development, males develop a set of hormones that females do not. This is dependant on the Y chromosome and the SRY gene. In the beginning, we are all sex-neutral.

17. djt820

Oh, I see. Very dumb of me. Sorry about that.:eusa_doh:

18. djt820

Actually reading over this thread, I have to say that is a really interesting way to look at it. Incredibly enlightening. I have to agree.:eusa_clap
    Our existance keeps the system in line and thriving so it doesnt overheat.:icon_bigg

19. AXavierB

I hate people like that too. By their logic no one should have sex that doesn't result in making babies.

20. Fiorino

Stupid Volunteers! Did you know that these so called 'volunteers' don't even get paid!

-Homer J. Simpson