1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh man,...here it goes...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 3104, Jun 21, 2009.

1. 3104

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey there,

For those of you who have not seen my posts before (I have not been very active on the forum for several weeks), my name is Jacob. And in about four hours my heart may be pounding out of my chest.

Why?
    I feel like today may be the day I actually walk into the world of homosexuality. I've done the whole coming out thing to immediate family and a few select other people, but up to this point it still seems a little surreal since I really have not physically done much about being gay. Today I am doing quite a bit. I am going to go to a Sunday night LGBT hangout in downtown at the local center. This particular gathering is for 18-24 year olds so I thought it would best fit my needs at this time.

I went to the Support center really briefly earlier this week just to get a taste of what it looks like, etc., and it seems alright. People are friendly, it's clean, organized, and whatever else.

When I go there today I think it will be the first time in my life I will automatically be identified as having same sex attraction, just becuase of my presence.

I really hope to find good friends and more good resources, I really hope that this decision is the right thing for me to do right now. I won't turn back.
    Your support would be appreciated!

2. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Very good.
    I remember taking my first steps too.

And they failed badly and I hated all LGBTQ greatly.
    (My fault)

I tried again, and went to a college LGBTQ and my god...I'll never miss another. I love our community. :slight_smile:

3. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations ! I hope you'll enjoy your time there.

4. olides84

You've got my support...and my best wishes. Congratulations on making this step.

5. kramer362

good luck man!

you sound like me, I've taken steps toward coming out, but I haven't done anything about being gay either. It's pretty frustrating isn't it?

6. Just Adam

first steps are the worst but beeing out it will get alot easyer and the next time you go you will most likelly think what was i worried about XD just have fun :slight_smile:

7. Selqet

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Good Luck!

New beginnings are always exciting. Here's to this one being awesome. :slight_smile:

8. Dare2bProud

Goodluck!

I've indentified myself as gay for four years now, I still haven't completely experimented with it, but I remember my first GLBT group on campus I went to and gay bar. :slight_smile:

9. tm74

tm74 Guest

First steps are hard - really hope you enjoy yourself!

I'm still struggling with first steps myself... good on you!

10. bob4carl09

bob4carl09 Guest

Well done bud, sounds like you're heading in the right direction. Let us know how it goes :grin:

11. D_Alejandro

I can relate to this. Except that it didn't end well...I found no true connection to the other men in the group. They stood for basically everything I didn't like and was against (in terms of morals)...and that only means 2 things: Trouble and drama.

But that's just my experience, it doesn't mean that yours will end bad.

I hope that you have a wonderful time :slight_smile:

12. 3104

Out Status:
    A few people
    Just in case any of you cared...

So I went to the LGBT center last night, and it went fine. I met some nice guys with good personalities (no girls there, which kind of surprised me), they were fun to talk with, and we just kinda chilled for several hours, played the game Balderdash -awesome game by the way, I recommend it if you have not played it- bought some Chinese food, and had to evacuate the building at one point because of a gas leak somewhere else in the complex.

So yeah, all around not bad, I'm definitely going back.:slight_smile:

13. Greggers

Gay people play balderdash and eat chinese food?!?!?! :O

hehe just kidding :slight_smile: Im glad it went well! Sounds like a great time to me. I love balderdash, even though i always lose since all my answers are always "That is SO greg trying to make up shit" haha

14. Glunn11

That sounds like a blast! :grin:
    It's gotta be a good feeling to finally integrate into the gay community without even having to announce it. (!)

15. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome, glad you had fun :slight_smile: A lot of the time there are more guys than girls at LGBT-themed places and events, or at least the ones I've been to. Definitely go back, it sounds like a good placeto hang out :slight_smile: