1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling abit lonely

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jtonka1, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Jtonka1

So, for those of you who know. I went to pride with a straight friend of mine and he got hit on like crazy. He liked the attention and it was a blast but i couldn't help but feel a bit jealous. I also met a few guys there that seemed really nice that I talk to on occasion but latly I've been hanging out with my friend and her boy toy (there purly phisical). Everywhere I turn I see relationships here and there in one form or another and it's starting to depress me a bit. I just would kinda like someone there for me like that. It sounds pathetic but after chilling with only couples (straight couples at that) latly it starts to sink in how alone you are. I find myself at a party with tons of people and everyone happy to see me, yet in the crowd i've never felt more alone. Even the guys I met at pride are either hardcore druggys or atleast pot heads (which I can't be with for personal reasons). I'm just starting to think I'm either to picky or I'm just destin to be alone. Which I use to be fine with and I think i'd still be fine with but the lonleiness is taking it's toll. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

2. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Destined to be alone? Well, I am pretty sure destiny is crap. So you don't have to worry about the fates running around, pushing all the nice guys out of your way. And you are still young. Heck, I'm hella lonely and I hang out almost exclusively with couples.

You know what I did?

I got a cat.
    Now, this might not be the best solution for you because you might be allergic, but the point I'm trying to make is that you should try and change it. If you have trouble meeting gay guys who meet you standards, you need to try and join singles groups. Try a sports team or some other group that you would enjoy. Pride isn't the best place to meet people since everyone is in party mode. Most people at pride (from my experience) are only interested in hook-ups.

And if all else fails? Come to EC and chat for awhile. We have your niche ready and waiting to be filled.

Also, get a cat.

3. Greggers

Definitly hang out on EC more. Join chat, start writing on people's walls, post on some game threads, get to know people. You can make some great friends on EC and it really helps when your only hanging out with straight couples all day.

All my friends are baby-making heteros, and many come in pairs (ew.) so i know what you feel like. It is very lonely. I used to have a dog, and like Corina and her Cat, it REALLY helped me get through the loneliness. But alas, my dog was given away. Having a pet is definitely therapeutic for some people. If you dont have one, you might want to try it out!

Another thing you could try is set up some one on one "dates" with you and a good friend of yours. Go have a movie night with one of your besties, just you and her/him. No couples, no couple talk, just a night of fun with one good friend of yours. Its good sometimes to split the baby making heteros up so you get alone time with just one of them, if not just for the fact people tend to act differently when with there significant other.

4. Jim1454

I have to agree that a Pride Parade doesn't sound like the best way to meet your soul mate - not that it couldn't happen that way. I'm sure somewhere there's a story like that with a happy ending.

As Numfarh suggests, look to meet people other ways. In Toronto there's a group called 'Out and Out' and it's a social club for gays and lesbians and it organizes a wide range of activities for the community. (Hiking, card nights, day trips, etc.) You do have to go out on a limb to meet new people, but it could very well be totally worth it.

I know how you can feel lonely in a crowd of people. I felt that way on Saturday night at the wedding I attended. I was made to feel very welcome and there were lots of people there that I knew. But the only person there that knows I'm gay was my ex wife. Otherwise, it was a huge ballroom full of heterosexual couples (or baby-making hetros as Greggers would say! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and it was a little depressing. And I have a boyfriend!

So give it time. Get yourself out there. And try to appreciate your friends for what they are. It isn't their fault that they're not gay. They couldn't help it. :icon_wink

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off you’re not pathetic. Everyone wants someone in their life. And, you are not destined to be alone. Don’t lump all the bad stuff in life and together and call it fate.

You will meet someone someday. I know what it is like to have friends who got that lucky genetic dice roll and everyone just loves them, but attraction does go deeper then that.

We’ve all met that hottie that made our heart throb, but the minute they opened their mouth you deflated fast then a balloon.

And, ask yourself if you are too picky. Are you only looking for a pretty face and body that looks like it was sculpted by a Grecian stone carver?

You said a few guys talked to you are pride, did you get their numbers?
    You’ll never meet anyone if you don’t put yourself out there.

And lastly here is a hug:

(*hug*)

6. Jtonka1

Yeah, Like it just seems like that craziest thing to me. I mean. Most of the time I get off work and get a call immediatly (because everyone knows my work schedule now) and asks me to go somewhere. There all excited to see me and I feel like the life of the party but it's still so lonely. This may be a bit akward to say but i've even had a friend of mine (a girl) and I who'd kiss and make-out and such and another good friend of mine hates it. She says "if your gay, be gay" and then goes and makes out with two other guys. It's annoying cause to me it's comming off as "Your gay, so your stuck being the odd one out". I've even tried talking to my friend to invite there other gay friends to hang out. I'm not looking for a soulmate just someone to relate to at the partys and have fun with. Maybe even a date or two just not something really serious right now.