1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think a really shy closeted guy has a crush on me...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GoBabyGoGo, Jun 23, 2009.

1. GoBabyGoGo

Ok, decided to start a thread on it after i mentioned it offtopic in Gaydar thread in Chit Chat.

This really shy guy keeps looking at me. When i meet his gaze he quickly looks away. Then when i look up again, i find him looking at me again, and he looks away again quickly.

Im 99% sure he's gay. I just get the feeling that he is, and also when a guy was joking with him and asked if he was gay, he looked very embarrased and looked away.

I feel sorta sorry for him. im quite shy myself, but not to that extreme extent. I dont think he has many friends.

Im thinking maybe i should try to talk to him, get to know him, just as a friend. Im not at all physically attracted to him...

But anyway, im not really sure how to start talking to him. from my experience, 2 shy guys = awkward silences. hes always alone over in his corner studying.

Im not very good at talking about nothing, i get by by responding to what others say and asking them questions back.

anyone else had an experience where you think someone has a crush on you but you dont quite like them in that way back? or just approaching really shy people?/

2. Greggers

Ive had some girl crush on me and i, obviously, didnt like them back. I tended to just drop alot of super awkward "You know ___, you are SUCH a good friend. I look at you like a little sister or something. Your so friendly and nice" or something that is SO bluntly "GETTHEFUCKAWAYFROMMEBETCH" that they kind of back off the whole crushing on you thing.

Call them "like family" or something to that effect and generally get the picture you dont like them in that way. With guys it might be different, i dunno, thats just how i deal with it :slight_smile:

And as for approaching really shy people, you might want to try breaking the ice with a topic you know hes passionate about (might require some research, find out if he likes to talk about any certain topics) or ask them a very non-threatening question like "what was the homework in ___ class?" or "Do you know the answer to number ___?" cause it gets you talking and its generally easy to start off with 'business' talk like school.

3. Jim1454

If he's always alone, then it should be fairly easy to strike up a conversation. The first time you talk doesn't have to be very long. It could be for 5 minutes before the next class starts after lunch or something. If you're in the same class, then it should be easy to talk about the last assignment or upcoming test.

Just say 'Hi.'

If you're not into the guy, then I'm sure you won't give off false signals that you're really into him. You're not out to him, and he isn't out to you, so until you have that discussion then it should be fairly easy to just be friends.

4. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I agree with Jim here, just talk to him.

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find that actually calling that awkward silence out makes a good ice breaker. If you say hi and he says hi then nothing, I use.

"huh, there is that awkward silence I knew it was here somewhere."

6. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If he's ugly or at least unattractive do not give him the idea that you are into him, it just will hurt he's feelings. However, if you make it clear you want to be friends in lets say a week or so in the friendship, since he probably won't want to come out too you. If he's really into you he may fall in love with you, and that will be his issue if you make it clear. Even if you don't, and you're not flirting with him, then it still be his problem but it's best to avoid it cause it might do some psychological damage to him for a while.

7. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In awkward silences I always use: "So... Do you like... stuff" *

*Only works with people familiar with The Simpsons.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know how you've looked across the room at someone you thought you might like, and you hoped against hope that that person would come over and say hello, and you could be friends, or maybe more, but they never ever did?

Now you're the guy getting looked at.

Go say hello.

Lex

9. EM68

Like everyone has said just talk to him. You have nothing to loose. Start off talking about light stuff, get to know him. Good Luck!

10. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I can never tell. There is a guy that i like and he freezes up and doesnt talk to me much. Its so discouraging.