1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about a kiss:/

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AliceEmpty, Jun 23, 2009.

1. AliceEmpty

Out Status:
    Some people
    Um... hi. last time i was here i felt down now i am just confused. I got kissed by my lovely girlfriend and well I didn't feel anything. I am asexual so it is kinda normal for me. I am trying to become more understand of what a kiss means. But to me a hug means as much as or more then a kiss. I was wondering do any of you have advice that you could give someone like me on how to be more accepting of a kiss, any kinda of kiss, and has anyone felt like this before?:kiss:

2. RCooper

Hmm. Asexuality us something that I am not familiar with. But if you prefer hugs to kisses, tell you8r partner that! I am sure she will understand, and make a point to hug more!

3. moonlight

Is your girlfriend aware of the fact that you are asexual? If not then I would tell her and let her know that you prefer/ get more from cuddles.

4. echapper

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Asexual? Are you trying to say your attracted to either men nor women???

6. echapper

:grin: Not really, asexuals do not experience sexual attraction but they do feel attraction and they do form relationships. They also can be straight or gay. You can find out more at wikipedia or asexuality.org (I mentioned it above).

7. AliceEmpty

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes i am on that site and have also asked the same question i just want diffrent thoughts on the matter. that is about it.

8. D_Alejandro

Hugging is SO much better :slight_smile:

I hug people a lot and thus I am referred to as a "Cuddle Bear".

HA.

:lol:

9. Eleanor Rigby

My husband is asexual and he prefers hugs too. he likes kisses, but small kisses on the ckecks or the lips. Deep-kisses are too related with sexuality for him.
    If you don't like kisses, the best option is to talk openly about that with your girlfriend. I don't know if you already have told her about you beign asexual, but it is definitly something you should do. She needs to know that your lack of enthusiams is not related to her. And don't force yourself : you may ended being disgusted which is not gonna help.
    Take care, Eleanor

10. Just Adam

(*hug*) i think you need one of them i know its hard but i agree with El and everyone else you need a proper talk with her and let her know how you feel.

if its emotional bonds your drawn too and not sexual bonds you can try looking at it that the kiss ok doesent do anything for you but think of what it does for her if you focus on making your partner happy and she does the same... it might make it easyer for you to get into things better ( i know i sound like an idiot without a clue its all i can think of atm)

take care