1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dont know what to do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jasen, Jun 29, 2009.

1. jasen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have just found out a couple of days ago that my brother who is straight has been looking up gay guys on myspace and becoming friends with them and he is texting them secretly they send pictures to eachother which is strange

I dont know what to do or think

2. Alex19

hmmm..... well, i wouldnt do anything. i would sit back and watch what happens. maybe he just wants to be friends? as for the pics, im not to sure what to say about that...

3. Jim1454

Is your brother older or younger than you? Just from an internet safety perspective someone younger than 14 shouldn't be emailing pictures of themself to anyone on the internet. They can't really know who the person is on the other end...

But if he's older, well, just let it go. Keep being a good brother to him, and be sure that he knows that you're 'there for him' if he ever wants to talk about something.

And stop snooping around your brother's computer.

4. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Well first off, how would you like it if your brother went and snooped around in your buisness? Secondly, he could just be making friends but if he was gay it really isn't your place to out him at all. All you could do is stand back, be a good brother to him, let him know you'll love him no matter what, and hope that one day he'd feel like he could tell you himself. I have no idea what to say about the pictures, but what Jim said seems like sound advice.

5. -Michael-

Curl up in a ball and hide.

Not much more can be said as above.

But at least you know your brother would accept you. 8)

He may jst being going through a phase...as ironic as it sounds coming from a gay person

#5 -Michael-, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  6. jasen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well I am 15 and he is 2 years older than me

7. Just Adam

he may be haveing feelings for guys and is wanting to get to know them, if your out to him then he should be able to talk to you if not open up to him as it may bring you closer together and he may come out to you aswell... other than that all you can do is sit back and be agood brother be supoprtive and loving :slight_smile:

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And how exactly did you find this out?

Lex

9. RCooper

Let it go. Its his life. Althoug it sounds to me as if he is questioning. But either way, it is cool that he is accepting of gay people.

10. kettleoffish

Just let him do it, it's his life after all. Maybe he is gay, maybe not. Maybe he's found out (or suspects) that you are and he's trying to find other gay people to talk to to help him understand you. There could be any number of reasons behind it, but, whatever the reason is, I would see it as a positive sign. He clearly accepts gay people if he is actively seeking them out to talk to on Myspace.

And snooping through your brother's computer isn't a nice thing to do (not that I don't do it).