1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone else

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Justindee13, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Justindee13

For some reason I always want to bring up the subject of homosexuality. It's weird. Then also I want to always watch a movie with gay and religion in them and see what other people so. Just wondering if anyone else does this or not. Thank you
    -justin

2. D_Alejandro

I don't bring it up ever. However, I do feel the need to watch movies/documentaries about it. That's why I'm always looking at the guide of the Logo network lol

3. Timm

If the opportunity arises, then I will bring it up, though not with my parents, and that's another story. I do often watch documentaries about it though.

4. Thisisnew

I talk about any gay related topic all the time with everyone its just something I enjoy talking about.

5. Prccgeek

I feel the same way a lot of the time. I was even like that before I started to think there was even a chance of myself being gay. (i was probably just in denial. don't know!) Maybe being gay is just a big focus in your life right now. You are pretty young. If you just gay out that night be why it is always on your mind. If something is always on your mind you of course want to talk about it, even if it isn't directly related to you yourself being gay.

Or maybe you are just full of PRIDE and love to talk about all the wonderful gay things in the world! yay!

I hope that makes some sense. I have been thinking about it a lot considering the same thing has been happening to me.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's just a matter of being interested. You might also be obsessed with any number of things - the Jonas Brothers, the Hills, Halo 3, your soccer team. And you might bring them up in conversation a lot. It's easy to do. I just try to remember - about homosexuality and any other topic - that most other people aren't going to be interested to the same extent, and try to alter my conversations accordingly, so as not to bore them to tears. ("Yes, I know - you like Meese!")

Lex

7. Markio

I never bring it up at home ever since my mom asked me if I was gay and I lied to her.

When I went to college and came out to a few people, I began to bring it up to my roommates, except they were both uninterested and rather disrespectful. I also wasn't out to them, so whatever. They're not my problem anymore.:eusa_danc

One of the stages in identity formation for gay people is Identity Pride, where individuals overidentify with their sexual orientation and then may act accordingly. I think being interested in the topic of homosexuality is merely a sign of being partially in that stage.

Like, I bought a rainbow wristband recently (though I'm not wearing it till I get to college), I watch Kathy Griffin because I like when she talks about gay people, I come to EC, I'm going to be in the Laramie Project, and I try to watch LGBT movies or read books on the subject. It seems like such an important part of me that I want to know more about LGBT history and culture so that I can know more about myself, really.

Plus, Kathy Griffin's really funny.

8. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I never speak about, but I sometimes watch Logo movies like every few months. It's hard to find a good one since they act too feminine or embarassing. I saw an awesome 1900s lesbian movie but I forgot the name, she left her family and fell in love with an actress.

The gayest thing I do is be on here, or my music.

9. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    I don't bring it up but if somebody else does believe me i throw in my opinion and then some, i enjoy watching LGBT movie's but not to see other's reactions but just because they are enjoyable

10. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    Tipping the velvet?

11. djt820

Story of my life dude. I love discussing homosexuality and religion. Im right with you on that.

12. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

What? Religion!
    I NEVER talk about religion. It's my least favourite topic.

Except that's not true.
    I can't tell you how many dates I've fouled up when someone tells me about some ghosts, gods or gypsies they met who changed their life. I just can't help myself. I have opinions. And if someone wants to challenge them, even on a date, they best be prepared for a tongue-lashing.

13. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not always relgion or gayness, but I do like saying random things to see people's reactions.

14. Zach

I tend to not bring up the subject of anyone's (or my own) sexuality, but I'm now comfortable enough to be honest if anyone happens to bring the topic up. :thumbsup: